Trying to standby for a later connecting flight

Old Aug 27, 03, 10:50 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, UA 2P, Marriott LTPP
Trying to standby for a later connecting flight

I'm flying PIT-DFW on Sunday and then onwards to SFO, however I would like to take a later flight from DFW to give me more to meet someone at the AC there. The later flight falls outside of the traditional two hour connection time window. I have already ticketed the earlier flight. What is likely to happen if I miss the flight for which I was ticketed and attempt to take the later flight? $100 fee? Fare difference? I have never tried standing by like this in the middle of an itinerary before and certainly not for a later flight. Any thoughts on what to expect or should I just bag the whole idea?\

Thanks for your collective input!
Old Aug 27, 03, 11:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I'd imagine that you'll probably be fine.

Go to the gate of your connecting flight at DFW or the AC and ask them to put you on the later flight.

Unless your plane getting into DFW is late and you would miss your connection anyway, or without a lot of rushing, I wouldn't chance missing the flight intentionally and then seeing what happens. If there isn't space on the later flight and you don't get on standby, you'll be spending the night at DFW.

d

Search this Thread