FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-pre-consolidation-usair-445/)
-   -   If fare is reduced after ticketing? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-pre-consolidation-usair/160452-if-fare-reduced-after-ticketing.html)

Indianhead Aug 22, 2003 6:09 pm

If fare is reduced after ticketing?

Just curious. I just checked a future rt flight I have on AA.com. The same itinerary is now $30.00 less than what I paid. Not a big deal but I was wondering what the rules are when that happens? Can I get an adjustment?
Thanks.

Vaze Aug 22, 2003 6:44 pm

I've been issued a credit toward future flights when this has happened to me - just call the airline and they should take care of it for you http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/smile.gif

FlyerBeek Aug 22, 2003 7:00 pm

I believe that the fare class which currently has the reduced price had to have been available (though at a higer price) when you first booked the ticket. If so, then you should be refunded the fare difference.

-FlyerBeek

[This message has been edited by FlyerBeek (edited 08-22-2003).]

SanDiego1K Aug 22, 2003 7:11 pm

I just checked on an upcoming flight today. Sure enough, it has dropped $34. The fare difference will be returned to me as a MCO (a voucher to be used against a future ticket). It will take several weeks for me to receive it, although I've received an electronic copy of the newly reissued ticket.

Indianhead Aug 22, 2003 9:22 pm

Thanks guys. I called AA and my wife and I will be getting vouchers.

grouse Aug 23, 2003 11:05 am

Does this rule apply to Web Specials too? Can you do a rollover more than once?

freshair Aug 23, 2003 5:11 pm

grouse - yes and yes!

kdp Aug 23, 2003 8:44 pm

Should you always call AA directly if requesting a voucher? Is the procedure the same if ticketed through a travel agent, travelocity, aa.com, etc? thanks

MDSD Aug 23, 2003 8:46 pm

And if it's an intl. routing, AA will issue the rollover as a credit to the credit card you used - much simpler than keeping track of vouchers and their expiration dates.

TxLobo Aug 24, 2003 6:27 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by MDSD:
And if it's an intl. routing, AA will issue the rollover as a credit to the credit card you used - much simpler than keeping track of vouchers and their expiration dates.</font>
I just got a $256 voucher on a trip planned in February to Venice. EXP stated that it had to be a VOUCHER and could not be processed as a credit refund to my credit card.

------------------
AA member since 1981. Oracle Implementations .... Will Travel....

MDSD Aug 24, 2003 8:11 pm

I just got a $114 rollover refund to my AmEx on Wednesday, LAX-LHR; didn't even have to ask for the card credit (sometimes they need a prod), CSR simply stated it. In this month, I've had 2 other intl rollovers credited to the card - never had any problem doing this with intl. tickets.

bedelman Aug 24, 2003 9:29 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by MDSD:
And if it's an intl. routing, AA will issue the rollover as a credit to the credit card you used - much simpler than keeping track of vouchers and their expiration dates.</font>
This was not my experience in three rollovers during 2002. (Haven't had one since, for better or for worse.) Instead, I was always sent vouchers.

Is there a rule (a starfile?) we could cite here?

socalgal Aug 24, 2003 11:03 pm

have always gotten a rollover on intl flights (domestic too) book ahead and fare changes for the better..(sometimes) they issue vouchers on domestic and crd cd credit on intl.....you have to stay on top of it tho and check often...

MDSD Aug 24, 2003 11:19 pm

Ben, the reference is starfile rollover; for intl. ticketing the credit is to original method of payment, although a voucher can be issued if requested.