FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-pre-consolidation-usair-445/)
-   -   Fly Three, Fly Free when? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-pre-consolidation-usair/160426-fly-three-fly-free-when.html)

dlombard Aug 20, 03 4:23 pm

Fly Three, Fly Free when?

Hi, gang!

I registered for the promotion when it started, on my birthday. I flew my third round trip on the 10th with my first having been June 14th. Was just wondering in what form does my free flight shows up on aa.com and when?

------------------
Best regards,
Dairenn Lombard
Los Angeles, CA

ajacpril Aug 20, 03 4:46 pm

I was not aware that the free flight shows up on AA.com. I am about to complete my third flight soon and am assuming that I will just receive a voucher in the mail.

ALARISstl Aug 20, 03 4:47 pm

I completed my third qualifing RT on 7/3 and just received an Award Certificate TODAY via snail mail post marked 8/15.

Exactly six weeks from date of completion!

LLZ Aug 20, 03 4:55 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by ALARISstl:

Exactly six weeks from date of completion!
</font>
Ditto here. Got mine on Sat.

Vaze Aug 20, 03 6:05 pm

I forgot all about this promo until a voucher showed up a couple of days ago, only downside is the number of blackout dates

Seat1A Aug 20, 03 6:46 pm

i finished my third roundtrip on june 18, and my certificate was postmarked july 29. lots of blackout dates, but i'm using it to go to houston in a few weeks--plenty of availability for that....

RoyaltyBuff Aug 21, 03 12:13 pm

My third qualifying RT was July 26th, received the certificate end of last week (8/15) -- approximately 3 weeks later. Up to 4 RT's total, so trying to work in 2 more to get 2nd certificate.

Nothing on aa.com, just the certificate in the mail.

jk5598224 Aug 22, 03 9:38 pm

Could anybody explain what a 'qualifying' flight is? Does coach require a Saturday night stay or not. I read the rules but it wasn't clear. Next week I will have flown my 5th round trip with possibly one more in September.

Thanks.

------------------

andrzej Aug 22, 03 9:47 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by jk5598224:
Could anybody explain what a 'qualifying' flight is? Does coach require a Saturday night stay or not. I read the rules but it wasn't clear. Next week I will have flown my 5th round trip with possibly one more in September.

Thanks.

</font>
Economy coach - no Saturday stay allowed.

For the record, I completed the first 3 on July 18th and still nothing.

jk5598224 Aug 22, 03 9:56 pm

Thanks.

Lovely so my 13 and 12 day business trips to Argentina last month and Colombia this month don't count becuase they included a Saturday night stay (not by choice)?

------------------

andrzej Aug 22, 03 10:22 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by jk5598224:
Thanks.

Lovely so my 13 and 12 day business trips to Argentina last month and Colombia this month don't count becuase they included a Saturday night stay (not by choice)?

</font>
I don't know what to tell you, but here is part of the rules and regulations for the Fly three, get one free promotion from AA.com:

Offer applies to travel on purchased, published fares in First Class, Business Class or Economy Class. Round-trip travel in First Class, Business Class or Full-Fare Economy Class have no stay requirements. All other Economy Class round-trip travel may not include a Saturday-night stay.

This was there from day one. Sorry http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/frown.gif

[This message has been edited by andrzej (edited 08-22-2003).]

dlombard Aug 22, 03 11:44 pm

Uh oh! My last flight did include a Saturday night stay. Oh woe is me!

Ah well, at least I'm still getting Gold this year (unless my employer chews up my 9/28 and 10/24 plans).

------------------
Best regards,
Dairenn Lombard
Los Angeles, CA