Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

Award Newbe - Changes to Award Ticket for Business Class SNA-CUN

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 21, 2003, 2:08 am
Original Poster

Location: Orange County, CA ; AA Plat, Starwood Plat, Hilton Gold

I have never redeemed an award ticket before, but would like to book SNA-CUN. There are business class flights available, BUT the outgoing flight has 3 segments (the one I want is 2 segments, both leaving at about the same time). The returning flight has the desired time, but a day later than desired.

Rules from AA:

A $100 USD change fee (subject to change without notice) will apply for any confirmed change to a PlanAAhead Award ticket.
** Exception: Premium cabin PlanAAhead Award tickets for which the only confirmed change is to the date and/or time will not incur the change fee.***

Based on the exception rule, can I redeem the award, but request the flight with 2 segments outbound and a day earlier on the return IF it is available?

Thanks!
Old Aug 21, 2003, 9:28 am

Location: St. Louis, MO - AA PLT/2.98MM (Lifetime PLT), Delta PM, SPG Gold, AMEX Plat
Programs: TW Elite (RIP), CO OnePass
Yes
Old Aug 21, 2003, 9:31 am

Location: St. Louis, MO - AA PLT/2.98MM (Lifetime PLT), Delta PM, SPG Gold, AMEX Plat
Programs: TW Elite (RIP), CO OnePass
Yes.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.