Newbie with questions on VIP03's

Old Aug 19, 03, 1:22 pm
Original Poster

Newbie with questions on VIP03's

Question. Is there anyway to sell your VIP03's. I heard this was possible. I'm at 77,000 miles, and trying to decide whether it's worth doing a milage run for the upgrades if I can sell them for more than the milage run costs. If so where, when, how? Also what's the best way to rack up 23,000 miles. I'm thinking of Japan as an option. Any info will be appreciated.
Old Aug 19, 03, 1:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by MWBonfiglio:
Question. Is there anyway to sell your VIP03's. I heard this was possible. I'm at 77,000 miles, and trying to decide whether it's worth doing a milage run for the upgrades if I can sell them for more than the milage run costs. If so where, when, how? Also what's the best way to rack up 23,000 miles. I'm thinking of Japan as an option. Any info will be appreciated.</font>

Welcome to FlyerTalk.

One thing's for sure. You can't sell them here.

Sure, you can sell your VIPs, but as you know, that is a violation of the AAdvantage program rules and might subject you to all sorts of penalties doled out by AA.

Plenty of them for sale on ebay. Good luck.
Old Aug 19, 03, 1:25 pm

it says on the back of a vip03 that they are void if sold or bartered. however people do sell them on ebay. i have seen them sell for around $250. so 8 vip03 could be worth $2000 im sure you could get 25000 miles for less than $2000
Old Aug 19, 03, 2:03 pm

Programs: AA 2MM, AS MVP Gold, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, FPC lifetime Plat, Kohls MVP
You will get 16 VIP03's the first year you qualify for Ex Plat (8 at qual and 8 in Feb)and then 8 for each re-qual.

So I think its worth it, and you could trade some of them here on FT for a bunch of cool travel items and help out fellow FTers (not to mention get a lot of e-mail).

Cheers
Old Aug 19, 03, 4:14 pm

Location: New York, NY AA EXP 1MM, Go Arsenal! Yanks in 2006!
If I were to offer advice, I would say offer them in Coupon Connection for vouchers, instead of going the E-bay route...

Search this Thread