Wiki Posts
Search

DFW-EZE is Officially On!

Search this Thread

Old Aug 6, 2003, 7:16 am
Original Poster

Programs: IHG Platinum
DFW-EZE is Officially On!

Apparently American got the permanent authority awarded to operate 3 weekly nonstops between DFW and EZE... great news, and a convenient gateway for a lot of people... definitely the most convenient for those of us from San Diego, and I would guess the same is true for several other cities that don't have nonstop service to MIA.

http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/030806/daw031_1.html
Old Aug 6, 2003, 8:35 am

Programs: AA EXP - 6 MM | Amex Platinum | Hyatt Globalist | Hilton Diamond | IHG Spire Elite | Bonvoy Plat.
This is excellent news. Again, I'll believe it when I see the flights actually flying down there. I wish that they flew everyday but beggers can't be choosy. This will be much more convenient for those of us living in DFW that fly down there frequently.

------------------
Have fun today because tomorrow you may regret not enjoying yesterday...
Old Aug 6, 2003, 8:45 am
Original Poster

While I realize that this has been a long-awaited flight for PAX, and a long-sought flight for the company - which makes a believe-it-when-I-see-it stance understandable, this is the first time that it has been announced/rumored when they actually have the DOT approval for the extra frequencies.

As to the daily vs 3x/weekly thing, reading through the DOT filings, it looks like the fact that they only asked for 3 out of 7 available frequencies helped they get approval, since that leaves 4 freuquencies available for other carriers seeking rights.
Old Aug 6, 2003, 3:00 pm

Location: Dallas/Ft. Worth, TX AA PlatPro, BA Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Lifetime Platinum,
I smell a Mileage Run coming about! Perhaps the "Taipei" Group is up for a reunion!

HAIK!

...and all I got was this **** NW Silver Card!
Old Aug 6, 2003, 3:34 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by AAdvantageGuy:
I smell a Mileage Run coming about! Perhaps the "Taipei" Group is up for a reunion!

HAIK!
</font>
Welcome back! It's been a while...

And yeah, it'd be nice if we see some intro offers by AA on this route.
Old Aug 6, 2003, 4:23 pm

Location: DFW, 3.5 MM, AA EXP, LIFETIME PLATINUM, MARRIOTT LIFETIME PLATINUM, STARWOOD AMBASSADOR 223 NIGHTS, AND LIFETIME GOLD, HILTON DIAMOND, NATIONAL EXECUTIVE ELITE
While I was not part of the original Taipei run, you can count me in on this one.

I love EZE - the people and the food are wonderful.

Does anyone know if this will use a 777 like the current MIA-EZE?

If so, I am planning on a big splurge in F..)).
Old Aug 6, 2003, 6:04 pm
Original Poster

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by freeupgrade:
While I was not part of the original Taipei run, you can count me in on this one.

I love EZE - the people and the food are wonderful.

Does anyone know if this will use a 777 like the current MIA-EZE?

If so, I am planning on a big splurge in F..)).
</font>
I love Buenos Aires, too... plan on doing my best to be on that inagural. Unfortunately, the flight is planned to be a 763, like JFK, rather than the 777... too bad, since it's a nice long flight that would let you really enjoy the Suite!
Old Aug 6, 2003, 6:42 pm

Location: Texas AA EXP 4.5 mm, United Gold, Marriott Plt, Hilton Diamond
Been a couple of years since I was last in Argentina. I am game for a run down there.....

------------------
AA member since 1981. Oracle Implementations .... Will Travel....
Old Aug 6, 2003, 9:44 pm

Location: Austin, TX -- AA Life Platinum; QF Life Silver; UA Silver
Hmmm.. now maybe I can actually make it to Iguazu Falls if I do a run down there

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.