Wiki Posts
Search

Multi City Ticking Question

Search this Thread

Old Jul 28, 2014, 2:06 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXPlt, SPG Plt, Nat EE
Multi City Ticking Question

Sorry for such a newbie question but I've never had this issue before.

Went to book AAA-CCC. Price was out of this world ridiculous. Used multi city ticketing to find AAA-BBB_CCC for significantly less. Website will not let me book and leaves me in an infinite loop of "the price for your itinerary changed".

Called Exp desk who sent me to webservices. Web services says "multi city ticketing requires an overnight connection". They also claim it's written in the condition of carriage. I checked, it's not. It's also not in the fare rules.

So, to get to the point, is it a violation to add a connection? It's not hidden city ticketing as I actually plan to fly all segments.
Old Jul 28, 2014, 2:54 pm

Programs: AA PLT, HH Gold, Marriott Silver
You can use an OTA such as Orbitz or Travelocity to build the itinerary and it will let you buy it that way.
Old Jul 28, 2014, 3:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
It's not a violation to add a connection if the fare rules permit it. One might check ExpertFlyer for routing rules.

It may not price as you want on aa.com unless the stop at BBB is >4 hours (domestic) or >24 hours (international). With such a condition met you have broken the fare and will get AAA-BBB + BBB-CCC. The C of C does note that.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.