Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

Can you no longer search award flights on AA.com for nonstop only itineraries?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 27, 2014, 8:34 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA PLT

On the award search engine, there used to be a drop-down menu that could limit search results to nonstop only. It's no longer coming up for me. I want to search direct-flight only options for redeeming Avios so I want to exclude any connecting itineraries. Is there any other way to do this?
Old Jul 27, 2014, 9:04 pm

Programs: AA, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by thewhitezone
On the award search engine, there used to be a drop-down menu that could limit search results to nonstop only. It's no longer coming up for me. I want to search direct-flight only options for redeeming Avios so I want to exclude any connecting itineraries. Is there any other way to do this?
When you get to the "Select Dates" page there is an option for non-stop only. It will still show some connections but it seems to tell you which days the award class you want is available as a non-stop.
Old Jul 27, 2014, 9:28 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
As American Airlines and US Airways are still operating as distinct airlines, this question is being moved to the appropriate pre-merger airline forum.

Please note the sticky at the top of the consolidated thread which is titled PLEASE READ ME BEFORE POSTING! Welcome to the New American Airlines Forum!. With all of the changes about, it is important to know where to post, and reading that thread before posting (as the title suggests ) will help get you in the right place.

~Moderator
Old Jul 28, 2014, 5:37 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by MADPhil
When you get to the "Select Dates" page there is an option for non-stop only. It will still show some connections but it seems to tell you which days the award class you want is available as a non-stop.

That's the page I'm talking about. It appears the drop-down where you can choose non-stop only is gone
Old Jul 28, 2014, 6:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
That's the page I'm talking about. It appears the drop-down where you can choose non-stop only is gone
What browser are you using? It's still there for me in Chrome.

Old Jul 28, 2014, 6:05 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by 3Cforme
What browser are you using? It's still there for me in Chrome.

It's not there in Firefox or Safari. Thanks for the assist.
Old Jul 28, 2014, 6:12 am

It's there on my Safari 7.05 / OS X 10.9.4.
Old Jul 28, 2014, 8:08 am

Programs: AA, BAEC Gold
It's not there in Firefox or Safari. Thanks for the assist.
It's there in Firefox 31.0 on Mac OS X and has been present in all the previous versions I have used.

Last edited by MADPhil; Jul 28, 2014 at 8:34 am Reason: Correct Firefox version!
Old Jul 28, 2014, 8:16 am
In memoriam

Programs: AA EXP - UA *G MM - HH Diamond - Hertz PC
Its there for me using Firefox 31.0.
Old Jul 28, 2014, 9:18 am

Programs: AAdvantage (Platinum)
The option comes and goes based on routing, availability of flights, and/or whether you do a oneworld vs AA search. Afaik it's been like that for years.
Old Jul 28, 2014, 10:52 am

Programs: MR LTT, BA Gold, AA LTP, UA Silver
IME the non-stop selection option only shows up if there are AA or partner non-stop flights available online for the period and route you are searching. Without more information, like orig and dest, we cannot provide a more useful answer.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.