DFW-ICN tomorrow, IFE, etc in F

Search this Thread

Old Jul 23, 2014, 7:05 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA
DFW-ICN tomorrow, IFE, etc in F

I am flying DFW to ICN tomorrow
I am in F

Can someone tell me about IFE? Will it be galaxy tab or the old screens?

It flies over russia, is that a concern?

Any other tips, i have never flown this route, and I need to work on the plane,A little nervous.
Old Jul 23, 2014, 7:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by sambb
It flies over russia, is that a concern?
No, as it won't come within about 4,000 miles of Eastern Ukraine. If it flew over Ukraine, then there'd be some cause for concern. The flight path is surprisingly similar to DFW-Tokyo.
Old Jul 23, 2014, 7:16 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
First, you have to look in the American Airlines | AAdvantage Pre-Merger forum, as AA and US have not merged their operations as of yet (as per the PLEASE READ ME BEFORE POSTING! Welcome to the New American Airlines Forum! thread). Then you can find several threads:

Best 772 / 777-200 First Flagship Seats for one / solo (consolidated)

Int'l F on 772 - Are My Expectations Too High?

American Flagship Service / AFS - which transcon routes, what amenities, etc.

If you run Great Circle Mapper, you will note the flight is unlikely to fly over much of Russia (possibly the Kamchatka peninsula)

We'll move your thread to the proper forum now. /Moderator
Old Jul 23, 2014, 7:26 pm

Programs: UA Plat, Hilton ◆
Flew this route recently on 3 July and we didn't cross over Russia (perhaps some minor islands of theirs, who knows). Took a fairly southerly route and came across Japan. Not sure what the concern is anyway - this is very far away from any Russian related war zones.

YR(oute)MV.

IFE is the crappy old screens.
Old Jul 23, 2014, 10:36 pm

Programs: UA MM / LT Gold (LT UC), DL SM, AA PLT (AC), OZ, KE; GE and Korean SES (like GE); Marriott Gold
I've flown this route with a southernly path (nearer Japan) as well as a northerly path (Alaska then Kamchatka); depends on the jet stream. Last time was in May, I was in J, but I think F also may have had the regular IFE. However, I think aa.com does indicate it should be the Galaxy Tab in F, but you might check online to see. <redacted>

Last edited by JDiver; Jul 24, 2014 at 8:31 am Reason: redacted OMNI/PR comment
Old Jul 24, 2014, 12:14 am

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...-recently.html

The plane will be an unrfurbished 772, details about which are not specific to any route really in particular.
Old Jul 24, 2014, 7:41 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA EXP
See you on the flight. I'll be the guy in coach asking if I can use my us CP certs to upgrade last minute. This merger can't finalize quick enough....
Old Jul 24, 2014, 8:10 am

Programs: AA 'kettle', Marriott Gold, ICH Gld, Hertz 5*
If the routing listed on Flightaware for today's flight is accurate, it appears to be the 'southern' route

http://flightaware.com/live/flight/A...555Z/KDFW/RKSI

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.