Wiki Posts
Search

Any Ideas to get into Admin Club

Search this Thread

Old Jun 30, 2003, 10:45 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP 2.54MM, UA Plat, HH Gld, SPG Gld, Marriott Gld
Any Ideas to get into Admin Club

Does anyone have any ideas about how to get into the admin club when you have a lay over?
Old Jun 30, 2003, 10:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Lifetime Diamond, CX Gold, Mrs. Pickles travels for free
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Rodr:
Does anyone have any ideas about how to get into the admin club when you have a lay over?</font>
Get a job in benefits?
Old Jun 30, 2003, 10:59 pm

Location: STL, MO-US and A , SWA A-List, Marriott LTTE, Hilton Gold, Hertz PC
This may sound crazy but you could buy a one-day pass!
Old Jun 30, 2003, 11:27 pm

Programs: Lifetime Plat AA, Starwood Plat 100, Hilton Diamond
How about taking out an annual membership.

"Membership has its privileges"

[This message has been edited by Jim90068 (edited 06-30-2003).]
Old Jun 30, 2003, 11:31 pm
Suspended

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Rodr:
Does anyone have any ideas about how to get into the admin club when you have a lay over?</font>
What, exactly, are you asking?
Old Jul 1, 2003, 2:14 am

Programs: AA/UA/BA
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by JonNYC:
What, exactly, are you asking?</font>
Maybe he likes doing paperwork?

Could try hanging around the gate area and asking the agents if you could sort the coupons after departure. Then you'd be 'in the club' and therefore, 'cool'.
Old Jul 1, 2003, 7:13 am

I believe the admin club at ORD has a very nice filing section, whereas DFW is much stronger in the copying department.
Old Jul 1, 2003, 11:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Massachusetts, USA; AA Plat, DL GM and Flying Colonel; Bonvoy Platinum
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by JohnG:
I believe the admin club at ORD has a very nice filing section...</font>
If you like filing, be sure to see Being John Malkovich. You may get some ideas. That may not be a club, though.
Old Jul 1, 2003, 11:59 am

Well, I missed out on the Admin club, but I did get into the Admirals Club at SEA last night. There were only 3 people on my shuttle bus to SEA and all three of us were on redeyes to JFK. The other guy flying AA and I were the only people in the F line, which wasn't staffed, so we chatted a bit. Faced with 2 hours in the terminal at SEA, I asked the gentleman if he was an AC member and if I could be his guest.

I still felt pretty uncomfortable doing this, but I figured that I wasn't asking him to do anything against the rules and the worse that could happen was he could say no.

I don't think I'd ever hang out in front of the AC looking for someone to leech off of, but I'm sure other people have.
Old Jul 1, 2003, 12:18 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond, BA Gold, Bonvoy Ambassador, HH Gold
I have a tin cup and a sign reading "WILL WORK FOR UPGRADES AND AC ACCESS" - most people just walk by pretending they don't even see me.

The plight of the clubless in America....its really shocking.
Old Jul 1, 2003, 12:22 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by landspeed:

I don't think I'd ever hang out in front of the AC looking for someone to leech off of, but I'm sure other people have.
</font>
I would love to see somebody try that with JonNYC or me, for that matter. I even find it annoying to see people squatting outside the front doors helping themselves to the Wi-Fi network from the AC's.

Old Jul 1, 2003, 1:15 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA EXP-1.6MM, Hilton Diamond, ManU & Chicago Bears #1 Fan
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by JohnG:
I even find it annoying to see people squatting outside the front doors helping themselves to the Wi-Fi network from the AC's.

</font>
Guilty as charged

Old Jul 1, 2003, 1:32 pm
Suspended

I even find it annoying to see people squatting outside the front doors helping themselves to the Wi-Fi network from the AC's.
</font>
Hey, it's not like it's free (like CX lounges)! More customers for T-mobile.
Old Jul 1, 2003, 1:37 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by andrzej:
Guilty as charged

</font>
Tacky....

Old Jul 1, 2003, 2:17 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA EXP-1.6MM, Hilton Diamond, ManU & Chicago Bears #1 Fan
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by AA in CA:
Tacky....

</font>
huuhhh

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.