FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-pre-consolidation-usair-445/)
-   -   Issues with AAgent seeing JJ / TAM award availability (consolidated) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-pre-consolidation-usair/1591197-issues-aagent-seeing-jj-tam-award-availability-consolidated.html)

snorkmaster Jul 3, 2014 11:21 am

Issues with AAgent seeing JJ / TAM award availability (consolidated)

This happened to me before with a Florianopolis flight and happened again last night.

The agent was aware that TAM offered flights from Guarulhos-Porto Seguro, but said he couldn't even access them for the sake of an award booking. This wasn't an availability question, it was that the flights weren't even showing up. The same issue popped up to a degree with Salvador.

Has anyone experienced this and if so, is there a work around?

Thanks!

snorkmaster Jul 9, 2014 4:34 pm

One little bump to see if anyone has come across this issue and/or if they have any suggestions.

aarato Jul 20, 2014 9:13 am

TAM Business Award Booking Class Problems?? I or U?

It seems like it is not possible to book business awards on TAM with AA miles due to the booking class code changes from U to I.

I have tried 3 different agents and all are saying U comes back as "unconfirmed". I is not there of course. Award shows up fine and bookable on ba.com.

Any ideas or similar experiences?

aarato Jul 20, 2014 9:27 am

I actually spot check some dates (early and late)from Sao Paulo too and seems like none of the dates were available for the agents even though there were plenty availability on BA.COM.

JDiver Jul 20, 2014 11:32 am

TAM booking codes for awards include F, J and Y: O, I and X, according to the Partners thread. KVS Tool can presumably find the availability; some airlines show phantom availability as well. I do not know of JJ / TAM is one of these.

Have you called AA?

aarato Jul 20, 2014 2:24 pm

I called and talked to 4 different agents. All said they either did not see availability or award seat comes back "unconfirmed".

I also tried to tweet but got nothing from the twitter team.

JonNYC Jul 20, 2014 2:42 pm

Not presently seeing any reports of an outage, no idea if it's anything other than the usual AA/US imperfect IT, but no official notification of same.

ajnaro Jul 20, 2014 8:47 pm

Originally Posted by aarato (Post 23226417)
It seems like it is not possible to book business awards on TAM with AA miles due to the booking class code changes from U to I.

I have tried 3 different agents and all are saying U comes back as "unconfirmed". I is not there of course. Award shows up fine and bookable on ba.com.

Any ideas or similar experiences?

I have successfully booked a business award from JFK to GIG on TAM through an AA phone agent in late May 2014 after seeing availability on BA.com. There was no difficulty with the booking.

aarato Jul 21, 2014 1:24 am

Originally Posted by ajnaro (Post 23228915)
I have successfully booked a business award from JFK to GIG on TAM through an AA phone agent in late May 2014 after seeing availability on BA.com. There was no difficulty with the booking.

do you remember or able to look up the booking code (I or U)? Perhaps this is the problem. Agent told me about an internal memo of this change starring in September. However I could NOT book either August OR March tickets.

aarato Jul 21, 2014 6:06 am

UPDATE:
Just for curiosity I called US Airways and they saw the flight without any problem.....
AA supervisor sees TAM US flights under LAN and all awards for these flights come back "unconfirmed"..:(

ajnaro Jul 21, 2014 6:13 am

Originally Posted by aarato (Post 23229681)
do you remember or able to look up the booking code (I or U)? Perhaps this is the problem. Agent told me about an internal memo of this change starring in September. However I could NOT book either August OR March tickets.

The booking code is shown as I on the itinerary sent to me by AA. The date of the booking (not the date of the flight) is 05/23.

aarato Jul 21, 2014 6:34 am

Originally Posted by ajnaro (Post 23230441)
The booking code is shown as I on the itinerary sent to me by AA. The date of the booking (not the date of the flight) is 05/23.

Thanks! That's a good data point. So something must be screwed up on the AA award booking system. I had no problem putting the same award on hold with US airways where AA saw it :unconfirmed:

mrkymark Aug 7, 2014 1:17 am

So I saw something for 4/15 JJ avail MIA-GRU in Biz on BA.com. Called 3 times and AA says that they can't find any avail for JJ even though shows for BA.

Is this the same problem? About to give up...

aarato Aug 7, 2014 2:41 am

Originally Posted by mrkymark (Post 23323450)
So I saw something for 4/15 JJ avail MIA-GRU in Biz on BA.com. Called 3 times and AA says that they can't find any avail for JJ even though shows for BA.

Is this the same problem? About to give up...

I already gave up. Called countless times, talked to supervisor and received the same answer (no). This does not get much publicity because TAM is not necessarily an inspirational award but it is disappointing nevertheless.

Hopefully you have some US or BA miles to book your award, that's what I did, or know someone....

Passmethesickbag Aug 7, 2014 3:11 am

This is disappointing to say the least. Sounds like it is not JJ's fault - not only do they work with other OW partners, but booking JJ awards (including online) worked perfectly well with UA when they were in *A.