Wiki Posts
Search

Very pleasant surprise from AA Customer Service

Search this Thread

Old Mar 22, 2003, 8:46 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA LIFETIME GOLD, 1.7MM; HH Diamond
Very pleasant surprise from AA Customer Service

Just received an e-mail from AA Customer Service in reply to a gentle complaint about their flight 4034 which has an on-time record of 50%. They very nicely gave me 15,000 miles and I never requested anything from them just a little opportunity to vent. I won't go into too much detail but on a return flight from BRU last month my flight was delayed and I was told after going through Customs at ORD that I couldn't make the connection to Flight 4029 and needed to be reticketed. This took about twenty minutes and they then sent my bag through and I began the trek through the lovely security to get back on track for my next leg. Forgot to mention the wait for flight 4034 was going to be SIX hours. Well, turns out that was an optimistic guess on the part of AE. The plane didn't take off from ALB on its way to ORD until nearly an hour after it was supposed to leave ORD for SWF. I'm actually a veteran (or victim) of this so-called 8:07 pm flight to SWF that never arrives at ORD until around 9:00 pm.

Anyway, when I got to SWF my bag was already there. It had made the earlier plane which had also been late and I could have been on that flight too. I just told AA that I found it totally unacceptable that a flight only has a 50% on-time record. Reasonably, all they need to do is schedule the d*** thing an hour later and they could make their record look a lot better. It reminds of the old joke about the 6:15 train leaving precisely at 8:25.

I just wanted to let everyone know sometimes it does pay to complain (politely of course). Every once in a while some great employee at AA listens and metes out a little justice. Thank you too much, Stefania!!

Chrism (for the moment a very happy AA flyer)
Old Mar 23, 2003, 7:52 am
csb

I agree. My experience on my only complaint to AA was exemplary. I had two gate agents in St. Louis grossly misinterpret the FAA rules about how much wine I could check or carry-on (the answer is that there are no limits as long as the alcohol is under 25%).

AA promptly responded, deposited 5,000 miles into my account and sent an e-mail on AA stationary--signed by an actual person--that I can use to print out and carry should the problem ever arise again.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.