Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AA 281 Ran Out of Water on Board

Search this Thread

Old May 21, 2014, 11:42 am

Programs: AA Platinum, Hyatt Platinum
Happens often

I've had this happen on two short domestic hops in 2013: ORD - YUL and CLE - ORD. The latter one was more annoying as it was out in the first 10 minutes of being airborne. Relative had this happen while flying J out of CDG on DL and got 15,000 SkyPesos for it.
Old May 21, 2014, 11:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-PLT Pro 1.9 MM, Hyatt-Explorer, Marriott-Gold, Super 8--Formica
I was on a flight from HNL to LAX where we turned around about an hour into the flight and returned to HNL due to the water being missing. Apparently, they needed to see whether it simply hadn't been loaded or if it leaked out as it potentially could have affected weight and balance on the plane if it ended up somewhere where it would freeze. I think the pilot said the 757 was supposed to have 40 gallons of water onboard for the flight.
Old May 21, 2014, 4:37 pm

Programs: AA PPRO, Marriott/Hilton Gold, AMX-Plat, Global Entry
Better to run out of water than fuel.
Old May 21, 2014, 6:01 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA MM / LT Gold (LT UC), DL SM, AA PLT (AC), OZ, KE; GE and Korean SES (like GE); Marriott Gold
Update: I mentioned this to AA in an e-mail and even specifically said I wasn't looking for compensation; I just wondered what had happened. AA just added a $150 eVoucher to my account. Not going to refuse it. ^ Kudos is due to AA for this (yes, "kudos" is a singular noun - pedantic comments now off ).
Old May 21, 2014, 7:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
Originally Posted by relangford
Kudos is due to AA for this (yes, "kudos" is a singular noun - pedantic comments now off ).
Ohhhhhh. I thought that you were going to send Kudos Bars to all AA employees. Sorry, my error.
Old May 21, 2014, 7:22 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA MM / LT Gold (LT UC), DL SM, AA PLT (AC), OZ, KE; GE and Korean SES (like GE); Marriott Gold
From Dr. HFH: Ohhhhhh. I thought that you were going to send Kudos Bars to all AA employees. Sorry, my error.
Didn't know about those. Sound delicious. What, maybe 10,000 kilocalories each? Guess too many AA employees now that the merger is complete, so no candy.
Old May 22, 2014, 5:45 am

Programs: Basement Lurker Club
Originally Posted by FriendlySkies
So you were in the lie-flat and the FAs didn't make you bring the seat back up for landing?
I guess I didn't put it down or she had put it up without me waking up. I was definitely tired since I just come off another long haul from Singapore without sleep.
Old May 22, 2014, 6:16 am

Programs: AA EXP; 1W Emerald; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold; UA dirt
Originally Posted by Dr. HFH
It does happen. Happened to me on a CX flight HKG-JFK when they had to bring in a substitute aircraft after we boarded and were deplaned due to a mechanical problem. They were hurrying and simply forgot to check. Water ran out less than halfway there. We were all given certs for on-board purchases from duty free good for a year. IIRC Y got USD $100, J for $150 and F got $200.
I could find something to do with $100.....
Old May 22, 2014, 7:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT (2.9+ MM), HH GLD, Hyatt Diamond, SPG PLT
Originally Posted by IADCAflyer
I could find something to do with $100.....
The problem isn't the amount to spend at duty free, its the fact that they must be used w/a future CX ticket.
Old May 22, 2014, 9:45 am

Programs: AA (Plt Pro; 1.5 MM)
Oh well, something similar happened on my BA flight LHR-BOM a few days ago: No running water in the lavs. You had to wash hands using a drinking water bottles.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.