Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Dallas Morning News: AA Could be Bankrupt in May

Search this Thread

Old Feb 26, 2003, 8:23 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by avek00:
APA is NOT posturing. AMR has a boatload of debt coming due later this year; if that debt cannot be refinanced, a Chapter 11 filing would be necessary in order to prevent the company's COH from falling to dangerous levels.</font>
"Later" isn't May.

AA has loans coming due in the 3rd and 4th quarter of this year, but the prediction of being forced into bankruptcy in May isn't realistic.
Old Feb 26, 2003, 11:28 am
ShortyDog

Well, for all of the other airlines that AA has made go under because they litigated them to death to quell competition (Legend Airlines out of Dallas Love Field is a perfect example), they will be getting everything they deserved if THEY go under!

Old Feb 27, 2003, 6:12 am

This story has been picked up by CNN, too.

http://www.cnn.com/2003/TRAVEL/02/27....ap/index.html
Old Feb 27, 2003, 9:43 am

Programs: BA Gold, BMI Gold, LH Senator, Hyatt Diamond
So will the new motto be LRTF, Less Room Throughout First? Have an upcoming trip on 777 this next week and think it is the shame this may be my last sleeper seat on AA. Looks like I will have to start flying BA transatlantic again.

------------------
"Fly me to the moon and let me earn alot of miles."
Old Feb 27, 2003, 10:00 am
Golden Tiger

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by lrickets:
Nope, $25 divided 3125 miles comes to .008 per mile which is less than .01 cent.</font>
I think you mean DOLLARS not CENTS... twice now!

0.008 Dollars = 0.8 Cents &gt; 0.01 Cents

[This message has been edited by Golden Tiger (edited 02-27-2003).]

Old Feb 27, 2003, 10:35 am

Programs: AA EXP & 3MM, SPG GLD
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by ShortyDog:
Well, for all of the other airlines that AA has made go under because they litigated them to death to quell competition (Legend Airlines out of Dallas Love Field is a perfect example), they will be getting everything they deserved if THEY go under!</font>
BOOO!HISSS!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.