Search

Cathay JFK-SIN questions

Search this Thread

Old May 1, 2014, 1:06 pm
Original Poster

Programs: hilton spg aa
Cathay JFK-SIN questions

Hi,
we are flying Cathay from New York to Singapore and have overnight layover in Hong Kong.

1. Is it possible to check in bags in NY and pick up in Singapore?
2. Booked first class using AA miles but only JFK-HKG leg is in first, HKG-SIN is in business, is this always the case?

Thanks
Old May 1, 2014, 1:27 pm
JTK

Programs: AAdvantage EP
I have taken that route and if I remember right they did check the bags through. However, I wanted my bags overnight so I had them check it to Hong Kong for me.

It is not always that case from HGK-SIN depending on the equipment you are flying on. Typically, it is on a regional aircraft which typically only has business and economy.
Old May 1, 2014, 1:48 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by batyam
Hi,
we are flying Cathay from New York to Singapore and have overnight layover in Hong Kong.

1. Is it possible to check in bags in NY and pick up in Singapore?
2. Booked first class using AA miles but only JFK-HKG leg is in first, HKG-SIN is in business, is this always the case?

Thanks
I've had HKG-SIN in J in the past and upgraded it to F when inventory opened up. CX used to open up seats close to departure date, not sure if that is the case today.
Old May 1, 2014, 2:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

If you look at the schedule, you will see that CX no longer sells F on HKG-SIN, with the odd exception (usually one flight a day or so).
Old May 1, 2014, 2:19 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, AA revenue negative, Bonvoy Titanium +, Avis likes me
In reverse:

Recently (1/8/2014) checked bags to DFW (CX F except last leg). Itinerary SGN-HKG-JFK-DFW. Reunited with luggage in DFW, after clearing in JFK.

Hope this helps.
Old May 2, 2014, 7:51 am

Programs: AA, SQ
CX regional flights (HKG-SIN, HKG-CGK) are business only, still not bad though. If you're lucky it'll be a newer A330 or A340 and get the flat bed seats. Otherwise the regional A330 or 777s have decent recliners similar to those in AA's 767-200
Old May 2, 2014, 8:49 am

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by Fenway1912
CX regional flights (HKG-SIN, HKG-CGK) are business only, still not bad though. If you're lucky it'll be a newer A330 or A340 and get the flat bed seats. Otherwise the regional A330 or 777s have decent recliners similar to those in AA's 767-200
Do they ver use the 747s with F? I remember flying HKG-SIN in F a couple of years ago...
Old May 2, 2014, 8:29 pm

Programs: Basement Lurker Club
Originally Posted by FAA1996
Do they ver use the 747s with F? I remember flying HKG-SIN in F a couple of years ago...
They phased out the 747's on that route middle to late last year. 711/715 was the last flights to have them on the route. I fly this route a few times a month, and always selected the 747s unless I could get on one of the refurbished 773 which in my opinion is much nicer then any other plane in their fleet for business class. Their 773s are not regional setups. 659 consistently, every other day, has had a 773 for months now but it leaves 2am-ish, which is fine for me since it makes for a nice sleep on the ride down, granted only 4 hours.

Last edited by hessinger; May 2, 2014 at 8:36 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.