Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

Problem Booking Award Travel on HA w/AA Miles - Only Biz Class Avail thru AA

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Problem Booking Award Travel on HA w/AA Miles - Only Biz Class Avail thru AA

Search this Thread

Old Apr 30, 2014, 8:35 am

Programs: AA-EXP Hilton Honors-PLT Admirals Club
Originally Posted by guv1976
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry: BlackBerry8530/5.0.0.601 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/417)

"If HA has multiple award flights available for a specific flight, shouldn't AA as the partner be able to book the same award class flights?"

No; at least not unless it is HA's policy to do so.

Does HA offer award seats to its members at more than one redemption level? If so, are you seeing lowest-tier award seats available for redemption on HA's site?
Correct... HA has two fare buckets one for partners "T" and one for HA miles "E"
Old Apr 30, 2014, 11:09 am

Programs: AA 2MM LT PLT; AS MVP Gold75k; HHonors Diamond; IHG PLT
The new Barclays HA MasterCard offers 35k miles for $1k spend within the first 90 days. Easy way to pick up some extra miles for $89 (annual fee), but act quick if you would like to use the miles in August, or book Y now, try to use miles to upgrade - believe HA offers the option 26 hours prior to departure.
Old May 1, 2014, 10:42 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AAdvantage, Hawaiian, AlaskaAir
Smile

Originally Posted by J0HN
Unless things have changed recently, you are incorrect
Well, thankfully I WAS incorrect!

For the flight to HA, I was able to get 2 FC award tickets on Alaska Air, using my AA miles, on AA.com for 75k miles total.

For the return, I was able to book HA - the wife used her HA miles for her flight (25k), and I purchased a one-way for $341.

Sooo, considering I had hard dates to meet, and all of the issues I ran into just trying to book a seat next to my wife, I'm pretty happy. Thanks for everyone's patience and help!

Old May 1, 2014, 10:50 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Originally Posted by Jm246
Hmm... Well if the one way fare is the same, then that could work I will let you know.

BTW, I thought for sure I had read you couldn't use AA points for someone else. Maybe this was because of what I read about the cost to transfer AA points to someone else. After a little research, it plainly says you can...
You can book an AA award for Vladimir Putin if you so choose, or anyone else. The prohibition is against doing so for gain or as trade or barter. I have done so many times over the years.

Glad you accomplished your goal (and learned more about AAdvantage awards). Happy anniversary; I'm celebrating mine in Barcelona; I'm on a paid open jaw, Lady JDiver on an AAdvantage award, and yep, were seated next to each other (and a "TCP" - to complete party - note in each PNR referencing the other's).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.