Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: Meal Entrée (mains) Reservations / Pre-order now Available (Oct 2012)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 25, 2014, 6:53 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
Wikipost instructions: signed in members can minimize or maximize Wikipost by clicking on [-] or [+] box upper right of post, and edit this Wikipost to update.

Once a flight is ticketed, premium class customers can go to AA.com's My Trips (but not on the mobile site or app) to select, change or view their entrée reservations during the period of 30 days to 24 hours prior to departure.

Information About Entrée (Main Course) Reservations

. . ● Entrée reservations are available in First and Business class on American Airlines marketed and operated flights
. . ● We can begin accepting reservations 30 days prior to travel and all orders must be completed at least 24 hours before departure
. . ● If your original itinerary changes, please reselect your entrée preference
. . ● We will do our best to accommodate your request, but there may be instances that prevent us from fulfilling your selection

Link to Press release.

NOTE: This is the ARCHIVE for older posts; for current thread, please see:

Meal Entrée / Main Course Reservations / Pre-order for 2014 (Consolidated)
Print Wikipost

ARCHIVE: Meal Entrée (mains) Reservations / Pre-order now Available (Oct 2012)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 27, 2012, 8:57 am

Programs: AA PLT, VS Gold, SPG Plat, Le Club Plat, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by nall
I ordered online for a recent flight, and it didn't work.
This seems to be a training issue. The menu choice, if selected, is printed on the manifest after the passenger's other information. If they don't look for it, it will be easily missed. My understanding is that the entree choice will become more easily visible to the FAs once they get their tablets.
Old Nov 27, 2012, 9:07 am

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by jamienbaker
... though I wished I had liberated some tobacco from the FL at LAX.
I'm guessing the spell checker made a slight adjustment for you there

I too miss things like Tabasco, it used to be on the drinks cart for the 'Bloody Mary' orders, but I've not had cause to ask for it for a long time now so I guess it has gone.
Old Nov 27, 2012, 4:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jamienbaker
I naively thought this program was more akin to SQ, meaning you could preorder items NOT otherwise available on board.
Actually, to a slight degree you can: On transcon (or longhaul international) flights, you can use this program to pre-order "special meals" (vegetarian, kosher, etc) online. Of course, you could previously pre-order those (but only over the phone before), but in any case, they are NOT otherwise available on board (if not pre-ordered somehow).
Old Nov 27, 2012, 5:14 pm

Programs: American AAdvantage
Got this option for one of my Thanksgiving flight. It worked well, got to pick entree before the flight. When the FA got to us, she was going to ask what we wanted and then said, I see you already selected your meals. We were the only ones on that flight that had done so.

I like this in case I see they are serving something I really don't want. I can eat before I get on the flight or between flights.

The only issue I saw with this new option is you can only select the meal for just you, not others on the same reservation. I had to sign off and back on with their FF# to pick their meals. Kinda strange since I can change anyone's seat on my reservation but I can't choose their meal.

Overall, I really think this is great. No more FEBO. And I think it will be more successful when the FAs all have their tablets and use them. Way to go AA!
Old Nov 28, 2012, 8:14 am

Programs: AA PLT Pro 2MM, DL Gold, UA Silver, Marriott Ambassador + LT Plat, COFC Venture X, HHonors Diamond
Add BOS-LAX & LAX-BOS to the list, made my selection this morning for an upcoming flight.
Old Nov 28, 2012, 9:12 am

Programs: AA PP, Hilton/MR Gold
For an upcoming MR: https://www.dropbox.com/s/y9byo2glt7...erve_meals.png

Hope it works!
Old Nov 28, 2012, 10:38 am

Originally Posted by SFOAAFlyer

The only issue I saw with this new option is you can only select the meal for just you, not others on the same reservation. I had to sign off and back on with their FF# to pick their meals. Kinda strange since I can change anyone's seat on my reservation but I can't choose their meal.
Strange. Recently I was able to choose meals for myself and my colleague traveling together on a single PNR. In the end, it mattered nothing since the ovens on the plane were broken.
Old Nov 28, 2012, 10:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by SFOAAFlyer
We were able to select for both my husband and myself last week LAX-MIA and MIA-LAX on the same reservation.
Old Nov 30, 2012, 11:18 pm

Programs: AA LT GLD
LAX/BOS AA#202 Nov 29

Originally Posted by greatexpectationsusvi
FA said she was not aware of our pre-ordered entrees (it was not clear if she even knew about the new program). Despite no FEBO either, we were able to get what I had chosen for us anyway (Mystery Meat), however, it was almost inedible. Rather than put the money and effort into pre-ordering awful entrees, AA would be far better served (as would we) with better quality (and quantity) food!
Success! Our pre-ordered luncheon meals (hot turkey sandwich and cold shrimp salad) for our return flight to Boston were ready and waiting for us (and excellent)!
Old Dec 1, 2012, 1:30 pm

Programs: DL DM; AS 75K; Marriott Titanium Elite
Nov 26 AA240 LAX-DCA: FA asked me if I had ordered online, said she just heard about it from another passenger the day prior and then proceeded with FEBO. No worries though because I still got my first choice.

Nov 30 AA185 JFK-LAX: Pre-ordered meal worked perfectly!
Old Dec 1, 2012, 8:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Today (Sat 1 Dec), LAX-MIA breakfast flight (AA 1290), "didn't work", as in, they didn't seem to have a record of what I had selected. ("Did work" in the sense that the menu choices were exactly as had been predicted at the time I made my selection online a couple weeks ago.) "Didn't matter", though, since I had selected my FEBO seat long before I heard about this option.

However, until we hear much more consistent reports of them "always" having your selection "saved away" (even if you're seated as anti-FEBO as possible!), I wouldn't count on this replacing FEBO-aware seat selection just yet.
Old Dec 1, 2012, 8:21 pm

Originally Posted by sdsearch
However, until we hear much more consistent reports of them "always" having your selection "saved away" (even if you're seated as anti-FEBO as possible!), I wouldn't count on this replacing FEBO-aware seat selection just yet.
Based on what I am reading here, I agree.

I have a trip coming up in AA F and will keep my ideal-for-FEBO seats on the off chance they mess up the meals.

I am hopfeul they can sort this out fairly soon. The concept makes a lot of sense.
Old Dec 25, 2012, 9:12 am
Senior Moderator and Moderator: American AAdvantage & TravelBuzz

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium
I had two flights this month where I could reserve entrees.

The first flight, DFW-LAX, went without a hitch. When the FA got to my seat to take orders, she mentioned that I had already ordered my entree and just took my drink order. ^

For the second flight, LAX-BOS, the FA didn't seem to have any clue about the pre-ordering program. Later, I realised that the problem likely resided with this particular FA. (Watching her take orders was painful. She had to pause for 15-30 seconds at each row to make sure she had the right names for the right seat numbers. Then she'd recount the entrees every row to see if she marked them off her sheet correctly. She'd occasionally take orders from the same row twice, repeating her entire spiel to the folks she literally just took orders from 30 seconds ago. When the drink cart came down the aisle, she skipped over a few people entirely, including me. Then my row was completely neglected for bread later. Not sure if this older FA was just a bit scatterbrained, tired, or had some other personal issues, but at least when it came down to making safety announcements, she was still able to rattle them off without incident.)
Old Dec 25, 2012, 9:21 am
nrr
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA platinum; 2MM AA, Delta Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by JY1024
I had two flights this month where I could reserve entrees.

The first flight, DFW-LAX, went without a hitch. When the FA got to my seat to take orders, she mentioned that I had already ordered my entree and just took my drink order. ^

For the second flight, LAX-BOS, the FA didn't seem to have any clue about the pre-ordering program. Later, I realised that the problem likely resided with this particular FA. (Watching her take orders was painful. She had to pause for 15-30 seconds at each row to make sure she had the right names for the right seat numbers. Then she'd recount the entrees every row to see if she marked them off her sheet correctly. She'd occasionally take orders from the same row twice, repeating her entire spiel to the folks she literally just took orders from 30 seconds ago. When the drink cart came down the aisle, she skipped over a few people entirely, including me. Then my row was completely neglected for bread later. Not sure if this older FA was just a bit scatterbrained, tired, or had some other personal issues, but at least when it came down to making safety announcements, she was still able to rattle them off without incident.)
Don't they READ these from a card--unless her reading ability was impaired, she should have done this correctly.
Old Dec 25, 2012, 12:38 pm

Programs: AA EXP 3.8MM AC; UA Silver; Hyatt Globalist; Honors Diamond; Bonvoy LT TTM
For my flight tomorrow, (IAD-MIA), my reservation shows the Flight Option "Choose before you fly," but when I click on the link, the area where options should be listed was blank earlier today. Now that I'm just inside 24 hours, I tried again (just in case), and I got a View Menu option (wasn't there before), but when I click it, it says options may not be selected or changed inside 24 hours. Maybe the option wasn't technically available for that flight?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.