Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AA miles for RJ flight, what's wrong with the system?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 13, 2014, 9:47 pm
Original Poster

AA miles for RJ flight, what's wrong with the system?

I was trying to get an award ticket by redeeming AA miles, but the system doesn't go through after I selected the flight. It didn't happen until three days ago, I tried all the different date that indicates "available", but none of them works. Call in, the agent said they don't know what's going on,it seems like some people place hold on those ticket. Is this has to do with Oneworld system? The flight with Royal Jordanian seems have an issue over the reservation? Or they temporarily block the ticket because of US airways......

Can someone explains a little bit? Thanks
Old Apr 14, 2014, 1:40 am

Same thing here. Trying to book CAI in Jan 2015 and I am seeing the same glitch.
Old Apr 14, 2014, 9:01 am

Programs: UA Plat, Marriott Plat
Did you try calling Web Services? They should be able to troubleshoot or book it for you with no fee if there is a technical issue.
Old Apr 14, 2014, 12:53 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by FightingIlliniUAL
Did you try calling Web Services? They should be able to troubleshoot or book it for you with no fee if there is a technical issue.
I called the AA award ticket center. But I may try to call their IT service to figure out what's going on. Moreover, on British Airways website, the ticket doesn't even comes out, I'm wondering if there's other reasons behind this
Old Apr 15, 2014, 10:05 am

Follow up

Called web services. The agent was unable to make my booking work. She assumed it meant that RJ hasn't released seats that far out despite AA.com showing avaialability. So I tried some shorter range RJ dummy bookings and the error did not repeat (confirming her hypothesis). So, that raises the question, how far out does RJ release availability?
Old Apr 19, 2014, 7:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
I am having the same problem with RJ to receive credit for flights. Flew TATL with RJ ten days ago, and still nothing. AA number/status appeared on boarding pass.
Old Apr 19, 2014, 8:16 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
I am having the same problem with RJ to receive credit for flights. Flew TATL with RJ ten days ago, and still nothing. AA number/status appeared on boarding pass.
I think the the other post in this thread are all about -using- AAdv miles for award travel, not earning/posting of RJ flights to AAdv.
Old Apr 19, 2014, 9:42 am

I am really starting to think it is me. Everything I just started doing or in the planning stages of doing gets devalued. I just started this 3 months ago and UA devals, AA devals right when I am about to book, MS changes and now I am counting on an RJ return flight they are probably leaving the program. (I am making this up about RJ but with my luck...)

you guys need to pay me to stop using these programs.
Old Apr 20, 2014, 9:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by JonNYC
I think the the other post in this thread are all about -using- AAdv miles for award travel, not earning/posting of RJ flights to AAdv.
Correct, but interested in the reverse too. Seems the system is slow or broken for earning and burning.
Old Apr 20, 2014, 8:09 pm

Any thoughts on this? Has it happened before? Any rumors of RJ leaving? Temporary glitch (at least 4 days so far) or are these awards gone?

I am looking to make a return flight in August and although nothing seems to be as good as the RJ option for me I don't want to see my options dwindle. They are already pretty pathetic as it is if I am not able to book with RJ.
Old Oct 8, 2014, 2:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
RJ flight not posting on AAdvantage

I flew on RJ about 10 days ago.

AAdvantage # on BP and on reservation. Booking class qualifies for miles.

But still not credited.. do I have to do a manual credit?

Should I call in or file it online (which i hear is not working well)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.