Wiki Posts
Search

2 flights, same flight number

Search this Thread

Old Apr 12, 2014, 3:02 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Plat, HH Diamond
2 flights, same flight number

Hi, If I fly Den-MIA on flight 112 and connect to flight MIA - BCN which has the same flight number, does this affect how my miles and EQM's will be calculated or will I get the expected 1716 EQM's for the first leg and the 4,697 for the 2nd leg?

Thanks,
Old Apr 12, 2014, 3:09 pm

Originally Posted by aaflyer1
Hi, If I fly Den-MIA on flight 112 and connect to flight MIA - BCN which has the same flight number, does this affect how my miles and EQM's will be calculated or will I get the expected 1716 EQM's for the first leg and the 4,697 for the 2nd leg?

Thanks,
Yes, unfortunately this does affect it. You will earn the miles for DEN-BCN as if it were a single flight, thus also counting for only 1 segment. (5203 EQM, per Great circle mapper)
Old Apr 12, 2014, 3:09 pm

It will be treated as a direct flight from DEN-BCN and the miles will be calculated direct
Old Apr 12, 2014, 3:11 pm
Original Poster

Thank you, appreciate the info....I was afraid this was the case.
Old Apr 12, 2014, 3:50 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hilton GLD, Marriott Plat, NEXUS/GE
I feel like I've seen a distinction when these are booked as two separate flights with the same number rather than simply a single line item on your itinerary for "DEN-BCN?"
Old Apr 12, 2014, 5:00 pm
Original Poster

When I place the flight on hold it shows up as a "direct" flight DEN-BCN...that's what started to concern me at first. However if I gather what you are saying, if I do a multi-city itin and separate the legs out, it does seem to separate them when I place it on hold. Thanks for the tip.

Last edited by aaflyer1; Apr 12, 2014 at 5:08 pm
Old Apr 14, 2014, 6:47 am

Programs: AA EXP, Delta Gold, Mariott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Avis Presidents Club
The other way I have gotten around it recently, assuming the cost isn't different, is to book 1 RT (DEN-MIA) on US, and the other (MIA-BCN) on AA.
Old Apr 14, 2014, 9:34 am

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold & GGL & CCR, HH Diam, Bonvoy Titanium, IHG Spire, Tastecard
What happens when the flights are inbound and outbound and I am crediting to BA? Doing 2494 tomorrow and Wednesday both ways. Assume there won't be any issues with credit to BA as their are 4 flights that I have paid for?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.