Welcome to flyertalk. There's a lot of info about your question at these links:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...solidated.html

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...solidated.html

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...ere-first.html

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...mber-info.html
Old Jan 1, 2010, 1:35 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
This will be merged into the MM benefits thread for members' future reference.

/ Moderator

Yes, all AAdvantage miles earned from any source count - Hilton stays, car rentals credit cards, flying bonus miles, transfers from othe rprograms (e.g. Starwood) - even my TWA Aviators Miles when subsumed by AA counted.
Old Jan 1, 2010, 1:40 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Also be prepared to deal with AAdvantage Audits - they have the powers to grant "special surprises" to members who do this. "Special surprises" can include being met by nice people in suits when one shows up to fly, freezing an account, taking back miles and status and the like. Short-term change of one's address to earn SWUs instead of 500 mile upgrades, perhaps worth $1,200; losing one's account, status, SWUs and 500 mile upgrades, priceless.

Originally Posted by dsg10715
Change your mailing address to somewhere in Europe and get the 4 SWU's. There is no comparison between SWU and 500mile stickets which you can buy for a nominal fee and only work domestically
Old Jan 1, 2010, 7:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, AS MVPG, HH Diamond, NCL Platinum Plus, MSC Diamond
Originally Posted by JDiver
Also be prepared to deal with AAdvantage Audits - they have the powers to grant "special surprises" to members who do this. "Special surprises" can include being met by nice people in suits when one shows up to fly, freezing an account, taking back miles and status and the like. Short-term change of one's address to earn SWUs instead of 500 mile upgrades, perhaps worth $1,200; losing one's account, status, SWUs and 500 mile upgrades, priceless.
HUH? Reread his post. I think he was referring to the ability to buy 500 mile upgrades from AA.
Old Jan 1, 2010, 8:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, AS MVPG, HH Diamond, NCL Platinum Plus, MSC Diamond
Originally Posted by Superoptimizer
Hi,

One other thing - I don't see any place on the AA site where they list lifetime miles. Is it available there, or do you have to call to find out?

Thanks.
It's there in the first numbers in the summary
Program to Date Miles 2,425,504
Old Jan 1, 2010, 9:36 pm
Moderator: New York City and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT, Natl EC
Originally Posted by mvoight
HUH? Reread his post. I think he was referring to the ability to buy 500 mile upgrades from AA.
The post that JDiver quoted refers to changing one's address to a European one before crossing the 1 million mile mark in order to get 4 SWUs instead of 8 500-mile upgrades. Which we know is not a good idea.
Old Jan 1, 2010, 9:51 pm

Programs: AA EXP 3.4MM, BAEC, UAMP, Skyteam (<10k) HH Gold, IHG Plat, Hertz Gold, GE/TSA TT
Originally Posted by dstan
The post that JDiver ...Which we know is not a good idea.
...unless you do actually move to Europe coincidentally before you reach 1MM or 2MM etc lifetime miles.
Old Jan 1, 2010, 10:27 pm

Programs: AA EXP/2 MM
d e l e t e d
Old Jan 2, 2010, 12:10 am
Used to be 'Travelergcp'

Programs: AA Plat, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by lexkid
I think the best advise you got was not to do it. Always a good idea to play by the rules.
Not to beat a dead horse, but how can you be breaking any rules if this is an unpublished program?
Old Jan 2, 2010, 4:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT (2.9+ MM), HH GLD, Hyatt Diamond, SPG PLT
Originally Posted by mvoight
See post 739ff
Old Jan 2, 2010, 5:15 am

Programs: AA EXP/5 MM, BA Blue Bayou, HH LT Diamond
Originally Posted by JDiver

The sort of response you describe I would expect would be applied in instances of selling miles or fraud.

Changing a mailing address to a place where you can actually get mail (second home, company office, relative's overseas abode, etc.) is not fraud, or illegal, or even a misrepresentation. Am I missing something here?
Old Jan 2, 2010, 5:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT (2.9+ MM), HH GLD, Hyatt Diamond, SPG PLT
Originally Posted by pauleeepaul
The sort of response you describe I would expect would be applied in instances of selling miles or fraud.

Changing a mailing address to a place where you can actually get mail (second home, company office, relative's overseas abode, etc.) is not fraud, or illegal, or even a misrepresentation. Am I missing something here?
Yes, there are legitimate reasons to change one's address. I have an Italian as well as US address. I'll be in Italy for about 18 months starting in June and I will indeed change my AA address at that time.

Here is an example in which someone changed their mailing address to an int'l locale and this did result in the revocation of the 1MM SWUs.

Last edited by bdemaria; Jan 2, 2010 at 5:46 am
Old Jan 2, 2010, 1:36 pm

Programs: BA Gold; AA Lfe Time PLT ; Marriott Titanium, LFT GLD
Question about MM threhold bonuses

Not that the curent discussion as to whether gaming the system actually constitutes fraud isn't fascinationg... I have a question that may be more broadly significant:

Now that EXP do not need 500 M upgrade stickers to upgrade it seems that giving them to EXPs as MM bonuses is not logical (as Spoc would say). I wonder if AA will change this?
Old Jan 2, 2010, 1:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 2MM, AS MVP Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by nonesuch flyer
Not that the curent discussion as to whether gaming the system actually constitutes fraud isn't fascinationg... I have a question that may be more broadly significant:

Now that EXP do not need 500 M upgrade stickers to upgrade it seems that giving them to EXPs as MM bonuses is not logical (as Spoc would say). I wonder if AA will change this?
The situation that you refer to (EXPs not needing stickers to upgrade themselves) is hardly a new thing. It has been thus for about 6-7 years now, and the change you suggest has not been made yet. To expect that AA would suddenly make this change now would not be logical (as Spock would say).

EXPs can use stickers to upgrade companions. The stickers never expire, and can be used by the EXP if they ever fail to requalify for EXP and descend to the depths of Plat-ness (gasp!).
Old Jan 2, 2010, 1:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 2MM, AS MVP Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by bdemaria
Here is an example in which someone changed their mailing address to an int'l locale and this did result in the revocation of the 1MM SWUs.
The situation described in that thread is not typical, and it should not be used as a model of AA policy, because it is not. FT's terms of service prohibit me from being more explicit here, so you will just have to take my word for it.

Last edited by gemac; Jan 2, 2010 at 2:02 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.