Search
Old Apr 9, 2014, 8:47 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
Print Wikipost

Million Miles / Million Miler Program ARCHIVE

Search this Thread

Old Apr 22, 2007, 6:27 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Silver, AA Exec Plat, Lifetime Plt, 3.0MM Admiral's Club
Originally Posted by OneXMarine
Lifetime Gold for the life of the program or yours, whichever comes first. A couple of luggage tags and that's about it. At 2MM you get liftime Platinum and a couple more luggage tags and 4 EVip upgrades. One of the many things I don't know and have not seen on here is if you have to be a gold of platinum member to get that status for life? I'm sure someone else on here has that information.
On your question as to what it's like to be Gold? Don't get your expectations too high, this is gold on AA.
Old Apr 23, 2007, 1:53 am

Gold Benefits

Originally Posted by OneXMarine
On your question as to what it's like to be Gold? Don't get your expectations too high, this is gold on AA.

Don't get discouraged. Gold has some benefits. Some of us EXP's are a bit jaded. The program benefits are somewhat diluted since the airlines' shockwave after 9/11. However, Gold may get you an occasional upgrade, which is nice. And you get to board earlier, so you can snare some overhead luggage space. Plus, you may be able to get choicer (more choice?) seat assignments; SeatGuru.com has suggestions for ideal seats to pre-select.

GOOD LUCK!!!!
Old Apr 23, 2007, 2:43 am

Programs: AA 2MM - PLT, BA GGL, SPG Plat, Hilton Diamond
I think the biggest benefit of making Gold for life is never having to check in at the whY counters again on OW operated flights. ^
Old Apr 23, 2007, 9:40 am

Programs: AA LT Plat
When I was Gold I got UGs pretty often. It's certainly better than no status at all.
Old Apr 23, 2007, 10:30 am

Programs: AA EXP/2MM, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by garnerac
Just hit 1 million with AA, now what???
I just hit 1 million plus miles in my AA FF account! I understand this gets me Gold status. Will they send me something or what????
What, or how good is it to be GOLD?
It sounds good.........
Wow. 1MM without ever being Gold. I almost did that. Hit gold for the first time ~6-8 months before 1MM.
Originally Posted by MiamiPrep
Don't get discouraged. Gold has some benefits. Some of us EXP's are a bit jaded. The program benefits are somewhat diluted since the airlines' shockwave after 9/11. However, Gold may get you an occasional upgrade, which is nice. And you get to board earlier, so you can snare some overhead luggage space. Plus, you may be able to get choicer (more choice?) seat assignments; SeatGuru.com has suggestions for ideal seats to pre-select.

GOOD LUCK!!!!
The choice seat availability is particularly nice as Gold, since you're less likely to snare the upgrades. And even the 25% bonus helps 2MM come a little bit quicker.

Also, no limit on mileage from Citibank purchaces. ^

Last edited by mwhitted; Apr 23, 2007 at 10:35 am
Old Apr 23, 2007, 12:57 pm

Originally Posted by sonora
When I was Gold I got UGs pretty often. It's certainly better than no status at all.
Yes, lower level elites used to get upgrades often enough.

But for the last couple of years, planes are flying pretty full and there just aren't that many empty F seats to give away. Heck, even as EXP I find that I often (perhaps 40-50% of the time) have to sit in the back of the plane.
Old Apr 23, 2007, 8:37 pm

Location: St. Louis, MO - AA PLT/2.98MM (Lifetime PLT), Delta PM, SPG Gold, AMEX Plat
Programs: TW Elite (RIP), CO OnePass
Originally Posted by jragosta
But for the last couple of years, planes are flying pretty full and there just aren't that many empty F seats to give away. Heck, even as EXP I find that I often (perhaps 40-50% of the time) have to sit in the back of the plane.
Odd... Since I've been an EXP, I've been 27 of 28 for upgrades -- although I will admit that I am mostly a 'leisure' EXP -- booking early for weekend trips.

Greg
Old Apr 24, 2007, 5:40 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Silver, AA Exec Plat, Lifetime Plt, 3.0MM Admiral's Club
Originally Posted by GregL
Odd... Since I've been an EXP, I've been 27 of 28 for upgrades -- although I will admit that I am mostly a 'leisure' EXP -- booking early for weekend trips.

Greg
It depends on where you fly the most. I'm probably 48 out of 50 for this year on upgrades, although today isn't looking too promising. I've had a handful of Eagle flights which obviously doesn't have premium seating. I've only missed out of DFW which surprises me that I'm able to get FC out of ORD with no issues and just a couple of misses out of DFW. Today is out of ATL and it doesn't look like it's going to happen.
Old Apr 24, 2007, 8:49 am
Hoc

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Diamond, AA 2.5 MM, United Gold, Hyatt Globalist
Well, I never got the email or any notification that I made it. Also, since I'm already PLT, there's no indication on my account that I am lifetime Gold. But there are now 4 eVIP certificates in my account, with expiration on 02/09, so I guess I'm OK.
Old Apr 24, 2007, 8:48 pm

Programs: AA PLT
After almost 10 years of flying AA, I'm finally within spitting distance of 1,000,000 lifetime miles. I can basically cross that milestone at my convenience, but before I do, I have a few questions for the experts on this board. I would much rather get 4 eVIPs as opposed to 8 sticker upgrades, and I have a semi-legitimate reason: I have an address in Russia (in addition to one in the U.S.) and I live there for part of the year. Now, my questions are:

1) Would changing my address with AA to my Russian address qualify me for the eVIPs even though AA does not fly to Russia?

2) How long should I wait before crossing the million mile marker after I switch to my Russian address?

Many thanks in advance!
Old Apr 24, 2007, 9:04 pm

1MM to Platinum

I'm quickly approaching the 1MM and am curious if the lifetime Gold status starts you at 25k miles each year - giving you a shorter path (25k) miles to maintaining/achieving platinum each year?
Old Apr 24, 2007, 10:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, AS MVPG, HH Diamond, NCL Platinum Plus, MSC Diamond
Originally Posted by Darien-l
After almost 10 years of flying AA, I'm finally within spitting distance of 1,000,000 lifetime miles. I can basically cross that milestone at my convenience, but before I do, I have a few questions for the experts on this board. I would much rather get 4 eVIPs as opposed to 8 sticker upgrades, and I have a semi-legitimate reason: I have an address in Russia (in addition to one in the U.S.) and I live there for part of the year. Now, my questions are:

1) Would changing my address with AA to my Russian address qualify me for the eVIPs even though AA does not fly to Russia?

2) How long should I wait before crossing the million mile marker after I switch to my Russian address?

Many thanks in advance!
Do you fly many domestic US flights?
Old Apr 24, 2007, 10:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, AS MVPG, HH Diamond, NCL Platinum Plus, MSC Diamond
Originally Posted by sagee
I'm quickly approaching the 1MM and am curious if the lifetime Gold status starts you at 25k miles each year - giving you a shorter path (25k) miles to maintaining/achieving platinum each year?
Yeah, right.
And since I am lifetime platinum, I only need 50 segments to make EXP every year......... NOT..

Sorry, you still start at 0 for PLT and EXP qualifying.
Old Apr 25, 2007, 8:10 am

Programs: AA Plat Pro, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Gold
Still 4 VIP's at 2MM?

I recently crossed the 2MM mark and I received the following email today with no mention of the eVIP's. I thought since they were electronic they would've mentioned them.

Dear LAXGreg,

Congratulations on reaching the next Million Miler level!

As the millions add up, there are fewer members who earn this special designation. In just a few weeks you'll receive a new elite membership card that acknowledges your multi-Million Miler status - plus some other gifts we think you'll enjoy. We are gratified by your dedication and confidence in us. Thanks for your commitment to American Airlines and the AAdvantage program.

Yours Truly,

Kurt Stache
President
AAdvantage Marketing Programs
Old Apr 25, 2007, 2:35 pm

Location: MSP (and will only fly NWA in re-routes if I HAVE to)
Programs: AA EXP (4.5MM), hotel programs as needed
there never has been a discussion of the 'gifts' in the e-mails to my memory.

the note comes with the actual 'package' when you get your be card and tags..

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.