Million Miles / Million Miler Program ARCHIVE

Hide Wikipost
Old Feb 7, 17, 11:24 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: JDiver
Wiki Link
Print Wikipost

Old Mar 7, 07, 7:33 am

Programs: AA LT Plat
My stickers are nestled in my account this morning as well.

I have to admit to a slight paranoia that the program would be discontinued the day before I qualified for it, so it's a relief to have the benefit appear.

Here's hoping it's still there when I cross 2 million.
Old Mar 7, 07, 7:48 am

Originally Posted by IceTrojan View Post
And anyone who hasn't flown in the past 5 years probably doesn't know about FF programs... yet I'm sure they'll be forced to learn as well
Really? No one had FF programs in the 90's?

Wow. I must have been really drunk to imagine all those free trips....
Old Mar 7, 07, 9:30 am

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold, AA 4MM Lifetime Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Amb, Bonvoy Lifetime Gold
2 million mark - Life Platinum?

My wife recently passed the two million mark. When I passed it a few years ago I seem to remember receiving four VIP upgrades and Platinum status for life. Does anyone know if this has changed? The Email below doesn't mention anything specific. Thanks.

Congratulations on reaching the next Million Miler level!

As the millions of miles add up, there are fewer members who earn this special designation. In just a few weeks you'll receive a new elite membership card that acknowledges your multi-Million Miler status - plus some other gifts we think you'll enjoy......

Kurt Stache
President
AAdvantage Marketing Programs
Old Mar 7, 07, 9:39 am

Search is a wonderful thing:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showt...atinum+million
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showt...atinum+million
Old Mar 7, 07, 9:42 am

Location: MSP (and will only fly NWA in re-routes if I HAVE to)
Programs: AA EXP (4.5MM), hotel programs as needed
And even in the wiki

http://www.flyertalk.com/wiki/index....evels_%28AA%29
Old Mar 7, 07, 9:47 am

Programs: AA PLT 2MM
Originally Posted by oklAAhoma View Post
Actually aa.com refers to them as "500-mile upgrades". You're free to use that term or any other if you prefer; personally I think "stickers" is just fine. It's not as if the meaning of "500-mile upgrade" or "electronic upgrades" is particularly intuitive.

"AAdvantage Platinum and AAdvantage Gold members earn four 500-mile electronic upgrades for every 10,000 qualifying base miles flown" from AA's website.

Actually I guess we were both right, but they still dont use the term stickers when talking about these upgrades. I think if we expect people to do searches before they ask questions, then terminology should be up to date and reflect what they can expect to see on AA, or whoever's website, to avoid confusion, and more questions.
Old Mar 7, 07, 9:53 am
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, AS 75K Gold MVP, and some hotel stuff...
Originally Posted by Full Score View Post
Does anyone know if this has changed?
Clearly, a lot of people know.

Cheers.
Old Mar 7, 07, 9:55 am
GSR

Programs: AA 2MM
Originally Posted by Full Score View Post
My wife recently passed the two million mark. When I passed it a few years ago I seem to remember receiving four VIP upgrades and Platinum status for life. Does anyone know if this has changed? The Email below doesn't mention anything specific. Thanks.

Congratulations on reaching the next Million Miler level!

As the millions of miles add up, there are fewer members who earn this special designation. In just a few weeks you'll receive a new elite membership card that acknowledges your multi-Million Miler status - plus some other gifts we think you'll enjoy......

Kurt Stache
President
AAdvantage Marketing Programs
Full Score -

Yes, those are the main benefits and still remain. Congrats on 2 x 2MM in your home! That is awesome.
Old Mar 7, 07, 10:36 am

Programs: AA EXP/2 MM
Originally Posted by JAppelbee View Post
I think if we expect people to do searches before they ask questions, then terminology should be up to date and reflect what they can expect to see on AA, or whoever's website, to avoid confusion, and more questions.
A search of aa.com won't locate FAs, ACs, UGs, EXPs, PLTs, GLDs, and numerous other abbreviations commonly found on FT. For clarity, should we stop shortening those terms as well?
Old Mar 7, 07, 11:35 am

Programs: UA 1K, B6 Mosaic
Originally Posted by JGR01 View Post

Seems the wiki is a little misleading since it states when you hit 1 million or 2 million (or each subsequent million), you will get two gold or two platinum luggage tags. Actually, don't you get two luggage tags relative to your current status with the new Liftime Status on them?
Old Mar 7, 07, 11:43 am
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, AS 75K Gold MVP, and some hotel stuff...
Originally Posted by CVCONDE View Post
Seems the wiki is a little misleading since it states when you hit 1 million or 2 million (or each subsequent million), you will get two gold or two platinum luggage tags. Actually, don't you get two luggage tags relative to your current status with the new Liftime Status on them?
What you actually get is two new luggage tags, reflective of current status, with the number of MM indicated, as opposed to lifetime status level.

Cheers.
Old Mar 7, 07, 11:54 am

Location: USA & UK -- AA EXP 3.5MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Avis President's Club
I was gonna start a new thread, but decided to post to this one instead.

I qualified for 2MM on Feb 12. Received a congratulatory e-mail on March 7. 25 days seems excessive, but them's the facts jack.

Maybe I'll start a new thread when my new EXP card arrives.
Old Mar 7, 07, 12:45 pm

Programs: AA PLT 2MM
Originally Posted by oklAAhoma View Post
A search of aa.com won't locate FAs, ACs, UGs, EXPs, PLTs, GLDs, and numerous other abbreviations commonly found on FT. For clarity, should we stop shortening those terms as well?
Lets see
Platinum abbreviated to PLT
Gold abbreviated to GLD
Electronic upgrade abbreviated to "sticker"

Doesnt quite have the same logic to it though does it.
Old Mar 7, 07, 12:53 pm

Programs: aa exp 1MM, alaska air, united, hhonors gold, spg gold
MBE AA FTers could use a LST of ABBs like EU 'n 5EU to HLP COMMs on FT
Old Mar 7, 07, 2:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Massachusetts, USA; AA Plat (2.90MM), DL GM and Flying Colonel (1.04MM); Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by brp View Post
What you actually get is two new luggage tags, reflective of current status, with the number of MM indicated, as opposed to lifetime status level...
I have just updated the Benefits table in the wiki to reflect this.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: