Million Miles / Million Miler Program ARCHIVE

    Hide Wikipost
Old Feb 7, 17, 11:24 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.
 
Last edit by: JDiver
Wiki Link
Print Wikipost

 
Old Mar 7, 07, 7:33 am
  #241  
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: STL, CPS
Programs: AA LT Plat
Posts: 965
My stickers are nestled in my account this morning as well.

I have to admit to a slight paranoia that the program would be discontinued the day before I qualified for it, so it's a relief to have the benefit appear.

Here's hoping it's still there when I cross 2 million.
sonora is offline  
Old Mar 7, 07, 7:48 am
  #242  
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 1,360
Originally Posted by IceTrojan View Post
And anyone who hasn't flown in the past 5 years probably doesn't know about FF programs... yet I'm sure they'll be forced to learn as well
Really? No one had FF programs in the 90's?

Wow. I must have been really drunk to imagine all those free trips....
jragosta is offline  
Old Mar 7, 07, 9:30 am
  #243  
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Cayman, San Diego, London
Programs: BA Lifetime Gold, AA 4MM Lifetime Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Amb, Bonvoy Lifetime Gold
Posts: 973
2 million mark - Life Platinum?

My wife recently passed the two million mark. When I passed it a few years ago I seem to remember receiving four VIP upgrades and Platinum status for life. Does anyone know if this has changed? The Email below doesn't mention anything specific. Thanks.

Congratulations on reaching the next Million Miler level!

As the millions of miles add up, there are fewer members who earn this special designation. In just a few weeks you'll receive a new elite membership card that acknowledges your multi-Million Miler status - plus some other gifts we think you'll enjoy......

Kurt Stache
President
AAdvantage Marketing Programs
Full Score is offline  
Old Mar 7, 07, 9:39 am
  #244  
 
Join Date: Jul 1999
Location: Land of 10,000 Upgrades
Posts: 9,465
Search is a wonderful thing:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showt...atinum+million
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showt...atinum+million
UpgradeMe is offline  
Old Mar 7, 07, 9:42 am
  #245  
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: MSP (and will only fly NWA in re-routes if I HAVE to)
Programs: AA EXP (4.5MM), hotel programs as needed
Posts: 5,800
And even in the wiki

http://www.flyertalk.com/wiki/index....evels_%28AA%29
JGR01 is offline  
Old Mar 7, 07, 9:47 am
  #246  
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Miami,Sydney
Programs: AA PLT 2MM
Posts: 273
Originally Posted by oklAAhoma View Post
Actually aa.com refers to them as "500-mile upgrades". You're free to use that term or any other if you prefer; personally I think "stickers" is just fine. It's not as if the meaning of "500-mile upgrade" or "electronic upgrades" is particularly intuitive.

"AAdvantage Platinum and AAdvantage Gold members earn four 500-mile electronic upgrades for every 10,000 qualifying base miles flown" from AA's website.

Actually I guess we were both right, but they still dont use the term stickers when talking about these upgrades. I think if we expect people to do searches before they ask questions, then terminology should be up to date and reflect what they can expect to see on AA, or whoever's website, to avoid confusion, and more questions.
JAppelbee is offline  
Old Mar 7, 07, 9:53 am
  #247  
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: SJC
Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, AS 75K Gold MVP, and some hotel stuff...
Posts: 32,634
Originally Posted by Full Score View Post
Does anyone know if this has changed?
Clearly, a lot of people know.

Cheers.
brp is offline  
Old Mar 7, 07, 9:55 am
  #248  
GSR
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Seattle
Programs: AA 2MM
Posts: 260
Originally Posted by Full Score View Post
My wife recently passed the two million mark. When I passed it a few years ago I seem to remember receiving four VIP upgrades and Platinum status for life. Does anyone know if this has changed? The Email below doesn't mention anything specific. Thanks.

Congratulations on reaching the next Million Miler level!

As the millions of miles add up, there are fewer members who earn this special designation. In just a few weeks you'll receive a new elite membership card that acknowledges your multi-Million Miler status - plus some other gifts we think you'll enjoy......

Kurt Stache
President
AAdvantage Marketing Programs
Full Score -

Yes, those are the main benefits and still remain. Congrats on 2 x 2MM in your home! That is awesome.
GSR is offline  
Old Mar 7, 07, 10:36 am
  #249  
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: OKC/DFW
Programs: AA EXP/2 MM
Posts: 9,999
Originally Posted by JAppelbee View Post
I think if we expect people to do searches before they ask questions, then terminology should be up to date and reflect what they can expect to see on AA, or whoever's website, to avoid confusion, and more questions.
A search of aa.com won't locate FAs, ACs, UGs, EXPs, PLTs, GLDs, and numerous other abbreviations commonly found on FT. For clarity, should we stop shortening those terms as well?
oklAAhoma is offline  
Old Mar 7, 07, 11:35 am
  #250  
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: FLL
Programs: UA 1K, B6 Mosaic
Posts: 803
Originally Posted by JGR01 View Post

Seems the wiki is a little misleading since it states when you hit 1 million or 2 million (or each subsequent million), you will get two gold or two platinum luggage tags. Actually, don't you get two luggage tags relative to your current status with the new Liftime Status on them?
FLLUAFlyer is offline  
Old Mar 7, 07, 11:43 am
  #251  
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: SJC
Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, AS 75K Gold MVP, and some hotel stuff...
Posts: 32,634
Originally Posted by CVCONDE View Post
Seems the wiki is a little misleading since it states when you hit 1 million or 2 million (or each subsequent million), you will get two gold or two platinum luggage tags. Actually, don't you get two luggage tags relative to your current status with the new Liftime Status on them?
What you actually get is two new luggage tags, reflective of current status, with the number of MM indicated, as opposed to lifetime status level.

Cheers.
brp is offline  
Old Mar 7, 07, 11:54 am
  #252  
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: USA & UK -- AA EXP 3.5MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Avis President's Club
Posts: 6,411
I was gonna start a new thread, but decided to post to this one instead.

I qualified for 2MM on Feb 12. Received a congratulatory e-mail on March 7. 25 days seems excessive, but them's the facts jack.

Maybe I'll start a new thread when my new EXP card arrives.
CloudCoder is offline  
Old Mar 7, 07, 12:45 pm
  #253  
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Miami,Sydney
Programs: AA PLT 2MM
Posts: 273
Originally Posted by oklAAhoma View Post
A search of aa.com won't locate FAs, ACs, UGs, EXPs, PLTs, GLDs, and numerous other abbreviations commonly found on FT. For clarity, should we stop shortening those terms as well?
Lets see
Platinum abbreviated to PLT
Gold abbreviated to GLD
Electronic upgrade abbreviated to "sticker"

Doesnt quite have the same logic to it though does it.
JAppelbee is offline  
Old Mar 7, 07, 12:53 pm
  #254  
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: bay area, california
Programs: aa exp 1MM, alaska air, united, hhonors gold, spg gold
Posts: 686
MBE AA FTers could use a LST of ABBs like EU 'n 5EU to HLP COMMs on FT
pixpixpix is offline  
Old Mar 7, 07, 2:12 pm
  #255  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: May 1998
Location: Massachusetts, USA; AA Plat (2.90MM), DL GM and Flying Colonel (1.04MM); Bonvoy Gold
Posts: 23,128
Originally Posted by brp View Post
What you actually get is two new luggage tags, reflective of current status, with the number of MM indicated, as opposed to lifetime status level...
I have just updated the Benefits table in the wiki to reflect this.
Efrem is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search Engine: