FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
Print Wikipost

Million Miles / Million Miler Program ARCHIVE

Search this Thread

Old Mar 6, 2007, 6:12 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
As others have said, one receives 4 eVIPs every million miles earrned at and after 2 million. You will receive 4 eVIPs when you cross the 2M milestone, and there are no further perks other than the Platinum for life status you will also earn. Assuming you do nothing after earning the 2M and Platinum for life, you will get bupkis next year.

Originally Posted by Pizzaman
OK, so clarification. As a domestic customer, when you cross 2MM, 3MM etc, you get 4 eVIPs at the time you cross that threshold, correct?

So, when I cross 2MM, what do I receive the following year, assuming I don't reach another milestone? Do I receive stickers or eVIPs?
Old Mar 6, 2007, 6:22 am
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by JDiver
Assuming you do nothing after earning the 2M and Platinum for life, you will get bupkis next year.
Do they pack that in dry ice for shipping so it doesn't go bad?

Cheers.
Old Mar 6, 2007, 6:27 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
If it's really old bupkis, it's very stable and they call it coprolite; no dry ice necesary!

Originally Posted by brp
Do they pack that in dry ice for shipping so it doesn't go bad?

Cheers.
Old Mar 6, 2007, 1:53 pm

Programs: AA LT Plat
Million Miler Batch Run

I got tired of waiting for my stickers to appear, since I crossed 1 million miles the second week of January. So today I called. They ran the latest batch this past weekend, stickers were deposited today, and should show up in people's accounts within 48 hours.

Mods: I know this could be combined with another thread possibly, but there are at least two million mile type threads in recent circulation, and both contain posts asking about when recent MM awards would post. So do with this as you will.
Old Mar 6, 2007, 3:35 pm

Programs: AA EXP/4MM, UA GS, AS MVP GOLD 75K
Good to know. I was waiting for mine to post. Any idea from the supervisor of how often these (are supposed to) run?
Old Mar 6, 2007, 3:37 pm

No, although he did say they only do it "once in a while."

Others have speculated that it takes longer than usual at this time of year, due to other end of year tasks they have. That's probably true.
Old Mar 6, 2007, 3:40 pm

Programs: AA EXP/4MM, UA GS, AS MVP GOLD 75K
Originally Posted by sonora

Others have speculated that it takes longer than usual at this time of year, due to other end of year tasks they have. That's probably true.
Makes sense. I called into the EXP on the evening of 2/28 and it was the first time in a while I had to wait. When I got through a few minutes later, the rep reminded me that they were very busy because of everyone trying to use their eVIPs.
Old Mar 6, 2007, 4:32 pm

Programs: AA PLT 2MM
No More Stickers!!!!

WHEN OH WHEN, will we stop referring to 'stickers' , and use what they have been called for YEARS now, Electronic Upgrades. Anyone who has joined the forum, or AA in at least the last 5 years, probably more, would not have a CLUE what an upgrade 'sticker' was.
Old Mar 6, 2007, 4:33 pm
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by JAppelbee
WHEN OH WHEN, will we stop referring to 'stickers' , and use what they have been called for YEARS now, Electronic Upgrades. Anyone who has joined the forum, or AA in at least the last 5 years, probably more, would not have a CLUE what an upgrade 'sticker' was.
Yours are electronic? Why on why do they keep mailing me those stickers, then?

Cheers.
Old Mar 6, 2007, 4:36 pm

Most of the AA personnel I have dealt with still call them stickers.
Old Mar 6, 2007, 4:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, AS MVPG, HH Diamond, NCL Platinum Plus, MSC Diamond
Originally Posted by brp
Yours are electronic? Why on why do they keep mailing me those stickers, then?

Cheers.

Yep, I put the stickers on my paper tickets.
I used the "electronic upgrades" for my e-tickets.
Old Mar 6, 2007, 4:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: SBUX Gold
Anyone who has joined the forum, or AA in at least the last 5 years, probably more, would not have a CLUE what an upgrade 'sticker' was.
And anyone who hasn't flown in the past 5 years probably doesn't know about FF programs... yet I'm sure they'll be forced to learn as well
Old Mar 6, 2007, 4:59 pm
Hoc

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Diamond, AA 2.5 MM, United Gold, Hyatt Globalist

Makes sense. I crossed 1MM on Feb. 21, and still waiting. But (apart from a trip from the Mainland to Hawaii in about 2 weeks, for which it makes no sense to use eVIPs), I don't have any more paid flights until late May, so I can wait patiently until the new status.
Old Mar 6, 2007, 8:33 pm

Programs: AA EXP/2 MM
Actually aa.com refers to them as "500-mile upgrades". You're free to use that term or any other if you prefer; personally I think "stickers" is just fine. It's not as if the meaning of "500-mile upgrade" or "electronic upgrades" is particularly intuitive.

Last edited by oklAAhoma; Mar 6, 2007 at 9:27 pm Reason: typos
Old Mar 7, 2007, 7:31 am

Programs: OW/AA, DL, UA; Marriott Titanium

Thanks for the heads-up. Looks like the "once-in-a-while" fairy waved her wand over my balance last night...nice! On top of what I had not used as a Plat, it makes for a nice "cushion" to fall on for when I fall off the EXP train & land back on Plat again.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.