Two timin' AA voicemail system lady

Old Jan 22, 2003, 1:34 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, BA GLD, FT < 30 y
Two timin' AA voicemail system lady

I have always been impressed by the lady who goes "Thank you for calling American Airlines, the only airline that offers more room throughout coach for more coach passengers..." What a warm and friendly voice, always a pleasure to listen to!

But then I was trying to buy a freezer today and called Sears and guess who answers the phone?

Experiment

1) Call American Airlines 1-800-433-7300 and listen to the announcement

2) Call Sears at 1-800-359-2000 and listen to the announcment

Is this the same person???
Old Jan 22, 2003, 1:36 pm

Call USAirways at 1-800-428-4322.
Old Jan 22, 2003, 2:23 pm

Programs: *wood Gold, Marriott Gold, DL Silver, Hilton Silver, F9 Ascent
...and American Express 1-800-THE-CARD
Old Jan 22, 2003, 2:36 pm

OK, I'm bored today at work.... I called...

Yes to all except US Airways.

Boy, that lady is busy!
Old Jan 22, 2003, 2:42 pm

Programs: AA PLT / 2MM
Yep... Now how much does she get paid to do this... and who is she?
Old Jan 22, 2003, 3:02 pm

I don't know this particular lady, but it's a very lucrative field for a "very" few people who get most of the work. There was a story on NPR about a man who pretty much does all voice work for film previews and commercials.
Old Jan 22, 2003, 3:17 pm
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

When I'm in Tokyo, I notice that the same woman always announces each subway station name from the platform in both Japanese and English. What I want to know is, how does she get to the next station ahead of the train all the time?
Old Jan 22, 2003, 3:27 pm

Programs: Alaska 100K - MM, defender of shoes on the carpeted bulkhead 4ever, AA LT PLT, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia
The gentleman that does the recordings for Alaska Airlines is actually a res. agent. Its such a hoot to get him on the line!

lala
Old Jan 22, 2003, 4:11 pm

Programs: AA 1mm; SPG Gold
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Cynnamin:
I don't know this particular lady, but it's a very lucrative field for a "very" few people who get most of the work. There was a story on NPR about a man who pretty much does all voice work for film previews and commercials. </font>
Don LaFontaine. He makes millions a year.

Also check out Scott Chapin - at ScottChapin.com - he does most local news blurbs.

I've always been impressed by the AA/AT&T/Sears/Amex/etc. lady. I've even heard her &lt;&lt;en espanol&gt;&gt;!
Old Jan 22, 2003, 8:23 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, peon literally everywhere else!
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by TimCLE:
Call USAirways at 1-800-428-4322.</font>
That's not her - but she apparently is on duty at AA, Sears, and Amex

Old Jan 22, 2003, 9:22 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by CharlesMD:
What a warm and friendly voice, always a pleasure to listen to!</font>
Charles, she hasn't always been that way. At one time, the recorded tones were a bit more caustic and blunt, IMO.

However, AA changed the script and had her record things in the much more friendlier tone we hear today. I'm glad things were changed for the better.

------------------
The perfect ladies' man is a perfect gentleman.
Old Jan 23, 2003, 12:06 am

I don't know if it's still the same guy, but the british guy who was on the phone recording for Virgin Atlantic was a reservations agent. I got him on the line once, and it WAS a trip.
Old Jan 23, 2003, 1:14 am
RS

Programs: American Airlines Platinum Pro
I think some of us have way too much time on our hands. How do I know this?

Because I also figured out that "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star" and the "ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ, Now I know my ABCs, etc." song share the same melody.
Old Jan 23, 2003, 3:15 am

Programs: AA Plat 2MM
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by RS:
I think some of us have way too much time on our hands. How do I know this?

Because I also figured out that "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star" and the "ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ, Now I know my ABCs, etc." song share the same melody.
</font>
It's more classic than that:
It's actually Mozart's Symphony no. 40 in G Minor,
which is based on:
an 18th Century French folksong, "Ah! Vous dirai-je, Maman"
which is based on:
some kid who wanted candy from his momma.

OK, I need to go back to bed now.
Old Jan 23, 2003, 3:32 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by RichardInSF:
When I'm in Tokyo, I notice that the same woman always announces each subway station name from the platform in both Japanese and English. What I want to know is, how does she get to the next station ahead of the train all the time? </font>
Same on the Sydney rail system. The man's voice sounds very much like the NSW Premier (= State Governor), Bob Carr. He is just as mercurial as the Tokyo woman.

I didn't think his pay was that low he had to moonlight as a train announcer.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.