Seat selection question

Old Jan 14, 03, 2:52 pm
Original Poster

Seat selection question

I am new to the AA website and have a question regarding seat selection. Is there a way to see available seats on a flight before confirming the ticket purchase? The only way I've seen is to start another browser session and load the flight info into the "check available seats" request, but this seems awkward.
Old Jan 14, 03, 2:55 pm

Programs: AA PLT / 2MM
Three options I can think of :

1) open a new browser (what is ackward -- I have 5 windows open now!)
2) call AA to ask
3) put the reservation on "HOLD" and then purchase later (note that this won't work on some web special fares, where immediate purchase is required)

EDITED -- thanks azmmza for catching that

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by SFFlyman:
I am new to the AA website and have a question regarding seat selection. Is there a way to see available seats on a flight before confirming the ticket purchase? The only way I've seen is to start another browser session and load the flight info into the "check available seats" request, but this seems awkward.</font>
[This message has been edited by $1500forGLD (edited 01-14-2003).]
Old Jan 14, 03, 3:11 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by $1500forGLD:
3) put the reservation on "HOLD" and then purchase later (note that this won't work on the web special fares)

</font>
it sure will!

Search this Thread
Search Engine: