Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Which 777 flights have sleeper seats???

Search this Thread

Old Jan 5, 2003, 5:13 pm

AFAIK,if you want to travel in F you would have to buy a biz ticket and upgrade that. It's not possible to upgrade two classes, only to the next highest class from whatever the purchased ticket was.
Old Jan 5, 2003, 5:23 pm

I flew 777 LAX-LHR this past summer. The 1-2-1 configuration is the one you want. It was a delight - called "Flagship Suite."

I don't think the 777 2-2-2 config is the same deal. You can tell by the seat map. The 1-2-1 clearly shows different seats.
Old Jan 5, 2003, 5:49 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA PLT and that's that!
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by FWAAA:
If you want International First in a sleeper seat, then you have to upgrade from purchased business class or pay for First.

My recommendation? Schedule ORD-LAX and upgrade it with stickers. Odds are that a star might be up front with you (I've shared First with plenty of celebs on that route, though not as many as JFK-LAX). After dinner you can stretch out that sleeper seat and nap the rest of the way to LA.

Have fun.
</font>
I was so looking forward to this for a trip to Paris in February. Oh well, maybe next year. I don't have enough miles right now to just book an FC award seat. And, unfortunately, I don't have a trip to LA planned anytime soon...but, you never know.

Thanks again for all the help.

Old Jan 5, 2003, 9:46 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Location: San Diego, CA , 4.2MM+ AA Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Starwood Gold
I don't think that American flys the 777 to Paris. I tried to book a first class award to Paris for July and was told that only coach/business flights went into CDG and no 777s.

Ended up booking SAN-LAX, then LAX-LHR on the 777 Ist class in a flagship, connecting to BA to CDG.
Old Jan 5, 2003, 9:49 pm

In August 2001, AA flew (seasonally) from San Jose (SJC) to Paris non-stop. Now discontinued but this had first-class 767 service. I assume this service will reappear some day.
Old Jan 5, 2003, 10:09 pm
Original Poster

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by FrAAmer:
I don't think that American flys the 777 to Paris. I tried to book a first class award to Paris for July and was told that only coach/business flights went into CDG and no 777s.

Ended up booking SAN-LAX, then LAX-LHR on the 777 Ist class in a flagship, connecting to BA to CDG.
</font>

They are showing a 777 for one of the flights out of JFK in February.

Old Jan 5, 2003, 10:24 pm

Location: EWR, USA, AA 1MM Gold, United Premier Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Emerald Club Executive
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by tazi:

They are showing a 777 for one of the flights out of JFK in February.

</font>
777 to CDG from JFK will cease at the end of March. After that it will be 767-300s the rest of the way.
Old Jan 6, 2003, 7:13 am
Original Poster

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by eagle92:
777 to CDG from JFK will cease at the end of March. After that it will be 767-300s the rest of the way.</font>
Do you know where they will still be flying 777's? Where do you find this information anyway???
Old Jan 6, 2003, 8:05 am

Programs: AA PLT (2MM), BA Bronze, SPG LT Gold
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by tazi:
Do you know where they will still be flying 777's? Where do you find this information anyway???</font>
I was told by an FA on a recent JFK-CDG trip that flagship suites will only be found on 777s going to/from London and Tokyo.
Old Jan 6, 2003, 8:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Do you know where they will still be flying 777's? Where do you find this information anyway???</font>

777s will still fly to NRT, LHR and deep South America (and perhaps other isolated high-yield routes). Maybe LGW from RDU, for instance.

All 777s will have the same configuration eventually. Rumor has it that the suites will be the standard.

The rest of the world will be 2 class 763s, offering 30J/182Y. AA announced this last August and it was discussed extensively here.
Old Jan 6, 2003, 10:37 am
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM Lifetime Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Gold
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by JonNYC:
BTW, as of last week there still was a flagship-config 777 servicing LAX-MIA. Nice.</font>
I flew both MIA-LAX and LAX-MIA on the 777 (in a suite) last week and it was wonderful!!

Old Jan 6, 2003, 10:48 am
Suspended

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Neal:
I flew both MIA-LAX and LAX-MIA on the 777 (in a suite) last week and it was wonderful!!
</font>
It's the best deal goin'-- too bad the flight isn't a bit longer!
Old Jan 6, 2003, 11:05 am

Location: EWR, USA, AA 1MM Gold, United Premier Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Emerald Club Executive
AA Desktop Timetable.
Old Jan 6, 2003, 11:24 am
Suspended

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by JonNYC:
It's the best deal goin'-- too bad the flight isn't a bit longer!</font>
...Or should I say "the best deal gone"-- am I imagining it or is this one gone from the schedule.
Old Jan 6, 2003, 11:32 am
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM Lifetime Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Gold
Yes, I too, haved wished it was longer on every occasion I've been on the 777 on that route. It looks as if it's been changed to a 767. But it's not the first time either. It was changed to a 767 late last summer and just went back to the 777 not too long ago.
Hopefully, the 777 will be back!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.