Senior management contact info?

Hide Wikipost
Old Apr 16, 14, 11:55 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: JDiver
Wiki Link
Wikipost instructions: signed in members can minimize or maximize Wikipost by clicking on [-] or [+] box upper right of post, and edit this Wikipost to update.

Primary contacts:

4333 Amon Carter Boulevard
Fort Worth, TX 76155

W. Douglas Parker
Chief Executive Officer
(480) 693-6775
[email protected] (will go to him at AA)

Sean Bentel
Director of Customer Relations
(817) 967-2116
[email protected]

Elise R. Eberwein
Executive Vice President People & Communications

Facebook

Twitter

More information at

AA Corporate Structure

elliott.org

Post #16 has some numbers useful for AA employees.
Print Wikipost

Old Mar 26, 14, 7:10 am
Original Poster

Location: SAN and before that...EWR....AA EXP (3MM)..HH LIFETIME DIAMOND..AVIS PREFERRED PLUS

I would like to contact AA regarding a serious matter involving one of their employees (no, I can't elaborate just yet). Can anyone provide some good contact e-mails to senior management? Don't wish to go through regular customer feedback channels. Thanks in advance.
Old Mar 26, 14, 7:43 am
Suspended

Programs: AA EXP/3MM
Originally Posted by IMStill4Travel View Post
I would like to contact AA regarding a serious matter involving one of their employees (no, I can't elaborate just yet). Can anyone provide some good contact e-mails to senior management? Don't wish to go through regular customer feedback channels. Thanks in advance.
This question comes up once a month. Even with direct email addresses, chances are close to zero that the executive will actually read the email. It will be routed to a minion. But if this is what you want to do, give it a shot.

http://elliott.org/contacts/american-airlines-2/
Old Mar 26, 14, 8:40 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
As others note time and again, large companies have business processes in place to route communications to the proper people no matter the channel (letter, email, call) or the addressee (CEO, generic customer service). Some miniscule % are pulled every day for senior level review and even the CEO may see 2-3 of these. But, writing to the CEO doesn't get you anything other than the delay of having the letter scanned in and allocated through the CRM database.

You will sometimes see that companies pander by responding to these things with terms like "executive level review" and the like, but it's all the same thing. Bear in mind that if writing to the CEO got better results than use of the CS webform, nobody in their right mind would use the webform.

If you send in a webform to AA, it's the same as sending a Fedex to the CEO, except that the former will get attention faster than the latter.
Old Mar 26, 14, 8:45 am

Originally Posted by Often1 View Post
As others note time and again, large companies have business processes in place to route communications to the proper people no matter the channel (letter, email, call) or the addressee (CEO, generic customer service). Some miniscule % are pulled every day for senior level review and even the CEO may see 2-3 of these. But, writing to the CEO doesn't get you anything other than the delay of having the letter scanned in and allocated through the CRM database.

You will sometimes see that companies pander by responding to these things with terms like "executive level review" and the like, but it's all the same thing. Bear in mind that if writing to the CEO got better results than use of the CS webform, nobody in their right mind would use the webform.

If you send in a webform to AA, it's the same as sending a Fedex to the CEO, except that the former will get attention faster than the latter.
That's only partially true. I've worked or consulted for a lot of large companies, and a common universal thread that I always go looking for is that communication gap. Sometimes it's just internal, but it's shocking how many companies have management who have no idea what their customers think or feel.

IMHO, it's always worth putting the communication through the regular channels, but a follow up to a higher level contact doesn't hurt if you don't get a response. I wouldn't start up top and work my way down, though, because even if you do reach an exec directly, he/she will first go ask the department that handles such things what they've attempted to do to fix. If they've never heard of you, the exec isn't going to step in on your behalf, he's just going to hand over your letter and say handle this.

Yes, these folks have admins that read/screen most of their email, but most want to see the complaints. The admin might check with customer relations first and give it to them if they haven't done anything, though.

Start with the normal channels, but have an escalation path if you don't get a response.
Old Mar 26, 14, 8:52 am

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by PWMTrav View Post
Yes, these folks have admins that read/screen most of their email, but most want to see the complaints.
Most want to see complaints that have not been properly handled by the regular procedures, none will want to see complaints that have tried to bypass the regular procedures.

For the reasons already given, the moment there is perceived to be a way to bypass the normal process and 'go straight to the top' the bypass gets flooded and loses its utility.
Old Mar 26, 14, 8:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I would like to contact AA regarding a serious matter involving one of their employees
Well, if it's a serious matter, perhaps you should have your lawyer contact their lawyers.
Old Mar 26, 14, 9:13 am

Programs: AA SPG Amex
Originally Posted by ijgordon View Post
Well, if it's a serious matter, perhaps you should have your lawyer contact their lawyers.
Or address the email to someone high up in the legal department. If you look at the page on aa.com with the corporate officers listed, and do even a 30 second search on how AA formats its email addresses, you'll find the GC's email. And while the GC may not read it themselves, it will be passed to someone within in-house counsel (which is probably a far more senior person than you'll reach by emailing someone high up in AA's operations, where it may be an admin who handles the email).
Old Mar 26, 14, 9:15 am

Programs: AA EXP
Come on. It's really not that hard to reach an executive level office for resolution of a legitimate, major problem.
Old Mar 26, 14, 9:35 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Originally Posted by PWMTrav View Post
That's only partially true. I've worked or consulted for a lot of large companies, and a common universal thread that I always go looking for is that communication gap. Sometimes it's just internal, but it's shocking how many companies have management who have no idea what their customers think or feel.

IMHO, it's always worth putting the communication through the regular channels, but a follow up to a higher level contact doesn't hurt if you don't get a response. I wouldn't start up top and work my way down, though, because even if you do reach an exec directly, he/she will first go ask the department that handles such things what they've attempted to do to fix. If they've never heard of you, the exec isn't going to step in on your behalf, he's just going to hand over your letter and say handle this.

Yes, these folks have admins that read/screen most of their email, but most want to see the complaints. The admin might check with customer relations first and give it to them if they haven't done anything, though.

Start with the normal channels, but have an escalation path if you don't get a response.
Which is why, as my thread makes clear, most well-run companies do some form of random pull for their senior people and that is done from the CRM database. In that way, senior people do not get bogged down in the minutiae of whether any one customer is treated right, but they get a sense of what concerns customers and how those concerns are generally handled.

A well run CRM system should be kicking out "appeals" from what the customer considers first-tier bad decisions to second-tier managers and then random samples up the food chain. No one bad thing is necessarily caught, but if every first tier CS agent knows that there is the chance that any given complaint and the agent's response winds up on the CEO's desk, there is an incentive to do the right thing.

That said, the fight on FT is often about what is the "right thing".
Old Mar 26, 14, 9:54 am

Originally Posted by Often1 View Post
Which is why, as my thread makes clear, most well-run companies do some form of random pull for their senior people and that is done from the CRM database. In that way, senior people do not get bogged down in the minutiae of whether any one customer is treated right, but they get a sense of what concerns customers and how those concerns are generally handled.

A well run CRM system should be kicking out "appeals" from what the customer considers first-tier bad decisions to second-tier managers and then random samples up the food chain. No one bad thing is necessarily caught, but if every first tier CS agent knows that there is the chance that any given complaint and the agent's response winds up on the CEO's desk, there is an incentive to do the right thing.
How many of the Fortune 500 have a well run CRM system? My unscientific guess is fewer than either of us think

That said, the fight on FT is often about what is the "right thing".
Yeah, absolutely true. It does seem to be the case on FT, and it always boils down to whether customer service expectations are lower for airlines than other industries, and of course, if whether one is an overentitled customer
Old Mar 26, 14, 10:40 am

Programs: AAdvantage EXP, IHG Spire, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, National Executive Elite
I've said this before, and you can "trust me" . If you do a webform and are an EXP or CK, its not uncommon for your complaint toend up being copied to the appropriate Level 8 at AA or MQ to monitor the resolutions or to supply information for the questions/concern.

Start with the normal channels. If you dont get satisfactory, go from there.
Old Mar 26, 14, 10:46 am

Programs: AA EXP, 2MM lifetime Platinum, Expedia +gold +++

Doug Parker
Chairman, president and chief executive officer
(480) 693-6775
[email protected]
Old Mar 28, 14, 8:14 am
Original Poster

Location: SAN and before that...EWR....AA EXP (3MM)..HH LIFETIME DIAMOND..AVIS PREFERRED PLUS
The issue is:

I would like to remain anonymous, as I know of a situation where several employees are consistently violating company policy. Don't need any retaliation in case they manage to keep their jobs, as I have to fly in and out of the same airport. The complaint form wants all kinds of identifying info. What to do?
Old Mar 28, 14, 8:46 am

The issue is:

I would like to remain anonymous, as I know of a situation where several employees are consistently violating company policy. Don't need any retaliation in case they manage to keep their jobs, as I have to fly in and out of the same airport. The complaint form wants all kinds of identifying info. What to do?
My two cents: US is running a high volume business. If I'm them, I am discounting complaints made anonymously unless it involves some sensitivity around the identity of the person making the complaint for some seriously good reason (discrimination, personal crime committed against, etc). It gets to a point where if you're complaining but not willing to put your name to it without a very good reason for not doing so, it's not worth looking into. The reason being, anyone can make an anonymous complaint, and you wonder what the motive is for keeping anonymous.

I'm not saying don't do it, but if personal convenience is the only reason for staying anonymous, you might want to consider whether to put your name on it. Otherwise, I'm not sure that you'll get what you want out of it, as it sounds like you're envisioning people getting fired over it. If it's that serious, your letter needs to trigger an investigation.

From another angle: If it's that serious, why aren't you willing to take your business elsewhere? It sounds like you will continue on as a customer. From US's perspective, do they care?

Keep in mind, I am not judging you or your complaint. I'm just trying to hypothesize the perspective of the recipient.
Old Mar 28, 14, 8:53 am
Suspended

Programs: AA Advanatge
The issue is:

Tell us for our own entertainment......

Seriously, I would not worry about retaliation.......just cause AA gets your info does not mean employees that you deal will be told of your name.

Cheers,
AA777

Search this Thread
Search Engine: