Wiki Posts
Search

Admirals Club post-Amex Departure

Search this Thread

Old Mar 25, 2014, 6:54 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, AS MVP Gold 75K, SPG Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Platinum

Just curious to hear what the crowds are like in the various Admirals Clubs now that Amex platinum/centurion members can no longer use their credit cards for entrance. Anybody noticing a difference?
Old Mar 25, 2014, 8:43 pm

Programs: AA PLT, DL, UA, bonvoy
Breath of fresh air

Went through ORD yesterday, and for the first time in a long time (I go through there quite a bit), I felt like I could breathe. Maybe a coincidence, but I definitely noticed a difference. YMMV I suppose.
Old Mar 25, 2014, 10:01 pm

I noticed no difference in SNA yesterday, but I've never found that location to be especially crowded anyway.
Old Mar 25, 2014, 10:23 pm

Originally Posted by bchips
Just curious to hear what the crowds are like in the various Admirals Clubs now that Amex platinum/centurion members can no longer use their credit cards for entrance. Anybody noticing a difference?
But now you have all the Citi Prestige cardholders and those that added a Citi Exec card to their wallet.

Might turn out to be a push.
Old Mar 25, 2014, 10:59 pm

Programs: BA Silver | AA LT Gold | EY Silver | Marriott LT Titanium
Anecdotal evidence states that CO Presidents Clubs did not become any less crowded when Amex Plat members lost access there. I wouldn't get my hopes up.
Old Mar 25, 2014, 11:12 pm

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Platinum

Lax has always been crowded. I'd like to see how it changes...maybe free up a little. I'm one of those who has the Amex Plat and has now taken advantage of the Citi Plat offer (100k miles).
Old Mar 25, 2014, 11:23 pm
formerly known as felinaar

Programs: UA Plat, AA Gold, AS MVPG, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by sdix
But now you have all the Citi Prestige cardholders and those that added a Citi Exec card to their wallet.

Might turn out to be a push.
Citi Exec will take time. Not everyone is going to apply for two high-cost cards, and I think some with the Platinum card had them for business expenses and won't easily be replaced.

As for the Prestige, I keep forgetting that card even exists.
Old Mar 25, 2014, 11:41 pm

Programs: AA Gold, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by sdix
But now you have all the Citi Prestige cardholders
And what was the reason to have the Citi Prestige card three days ago? Somebody didn't know how to waste $450?
Old Mar 26, 2014, 5:40 am
Suspended

Programs: BA GGL, AA 1MM LT GLD, SPG PLAT, National Exec Selc, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Silver
Crowds will inevitably decrease. There are many people who were in the clubs only because they had an AMEX PLAT club despite traveling infrequently or traveling infrequently on AA. This crowd isn't going to start looking for another way to acces.
Old Mar 26, 2014, 8:05 am

Programs: AA PLT Pro 2MM, DL Gold, UA Silver, Marriott Ambassador + LT Plat, COFC Venture X, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by sts603
Crowds will inevitably decrease. There are many people who were in the clubs only because they had an AMEX PLAT club despite traveling infrequently or traveling infrequently on AA. This crowd isn't going to start looking for another way to acces.
+1 but we have all the USAIR patrons to look forward to:

Originally Posted by Joshua
In PHX 3/15, lounge was absolutely packed to the gills. A largeish family had turned one of the seating areas into a dormitory, complete with the lights turned off to help facilitate their sleep.
Old Mar 26, 2014, 12:15 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, UA 1K, SPG Plat, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Plat
At ORD "K" lounge right now (1:14 PM). It is the least crowded I have seen it in the last 4 trips.

Going to LAX club shortly, so we will see how that compares as it's usually a zoo.
Old Mar 26, 2014, 12:49 pm

Programs: AA-ExPlat, Hilton-Diamond
MIA at Gate 15 was pleasantly empty on Monday at 10am.

AUS is a ghost town at the moment...I think I see 3 people total.
Old Mar 26, 2014, 1:36 pm

Originally Posted by sts603
What would you get the Plat card if not for traveling?
Old Mar 26, 2014, 1:45 pm

Programs: AA EP 3MM, UA Silver, Bonvoy LT TIT, Hyatt Explorist, HH Silver, Caesars PLT
Originally Posted by Scottrick
Citi Exec will take time. Not everyone is going to apply for two high-cost cards, and I think some with the Platinum card had them for business expenses and won't easily be replaced.
I agree, it may take time, but I strongly believe any ease on crowding will be short lived. As for AMEX PLT, I'm downgrading back to the Green Corporate card this month and moving back to an AC membership (actually, based on the timing of all this, I'll be renewing my membership that I was going let lapse).
Old Mar 26, 2014, 2:27 pm

Programs: AA LT Platinum, WN CP, National EE, Hertz PC, Avis PC, Hilton Diamond, Sheraton Gold
I was in SNA on Monday, and it was more crowded than normal..

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.