AAdvantage Passport Challenge (bonus miles via Facebook etc.)

Old Apr 2, 2014, 5:01 pm

Programs: AA EXP 3.4MM, BAEC, UAMP, Skyteam (<10k) HH Gold, IHG Plat, Hertz Gold, GE/TSA TT
I got 1810 points easily in a few minutes, then I thought it would be easy to get enough EQPs, since I had just accrued 5700+ on 22&23-March coming back home from JNB. But the clever buggers decided I needed 10K EQPs ... sounds like a Challenge, doesn't it?

Oh well, I'll get more than the remaining 4300 needed on my outbound to MAD later this month (luckily booked into M inventory, so 100% EQP).
Old Apr 2, 2014, 5:14 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, AA revenue negative, Bonvoy Titanium +, Avis likes me
Originally Posted by Fanjet
Ughhh! Does this mean one has to sign-up on Facebook in order to participate? That is something I have quite proudly avoided doing.
+1 to the comment.

I also proudly avoid Zuckerberg's Monster. Pretty soon, we will be nothing more than the "The Gamesters of Triskelion. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Gam..._of_Triskelion

to AA for such a totally discriminatory "marketing" campaign.

Here is a novel concept-Give EQP, EQM, and segment credit to people for actually buying tickets and occupying seats on scheduled aircraft. I realize its a radical concept. But who knows, it might even catch on!

Last edited by Dallas49er; Apr 2, 2014 at 7:04 pm Reason: klarity & speeling
Old Apr 3, 2014, 4:46 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP (3MM), DL PM, BONVOY TITANIUM, HYATT GLOBALIST, HILTON DIAMOND, IHG DIAMOND AMB, et al
Originally Posted by Cardboard55
I finished my EQP requirement yesterday. I'll be interested to see when it's reflected on Facebook. Has anyone had theirs show up yet?
Originally Posted by skunker
Post #38. Also, my wife completed hers. Only took a day to post.
Definitely seems to be a case of YMMV. My wife signed up on Sunday afternoon and my "Invite Your Friend" stamp didn't post until Wednesday afternoon.

I'm still waiting on the "Fly International" and "Fly OneWorld" stamps - and it's been over a week since those flights have posted to my AA account.

-FlyerBeek
Old Apr 3, 2014, 6:28 am

Originally Posted by FlyerBeek
Definitely seems to be a case of YMMV.
It's been four days since I met the EQP requirement and it hasn't shown up yet. Not a big deal as long as it eventually does.
Old Apr 3, 2014, 10:02 am

Programs: AA EXP 3.4MM, BAEC, UAMP, Skyteam (<10k) HH Gold, IHG Plat, Hertz Gold, GE/TSA TT
Originally Posted by Dallas49er
+1 to the comment.
... Pretty soon, we will be nothing more than the "The Gamesters of Triskelion. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Gam..._of_Triskelion
That's a scary thought -- all of us competing like Gladiators for upgrades, and solely for the amusement of the disembodied gnomes in Revenue Management!!!
Spock, beam me up now!
Old Apr 3, 2014, 10:38 am

Programs: AA EXP, BAEC Bronze, DL Plat UA, HHonors Platinum, SPG Gold, Hyatt
Wondering if anyone else is having the same issue. I've liked it, but miles still at 0 and when I click on any of links, it goes straight to a page that says, "Congratulations You have earned your passport stamp and American Airlines AAdvantage® bonus miles!" but leaves me at 0 miles still. I can't find anyone to contact about this--any thoughts?

Thanks
Old Apr 3, 2014, 11:18 am
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
still haven't gotten my miles :/
Old Apr 3, 2014, 3:17 pm

Programs: AA Life-Plat 5MM, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, UA, BA
Question

Anybody got these miles in their AA acct?
When are we supposed to get them?
Old Apr 3, 2014, 9:57 pm

Programs: BA Gold
I received my "Fly international", "Fly oneworld", "Beat your goal" and Fly & earn bonus stamps today; the relevant flights were taken a week ago. My EQP target was 10k, which seems on the low side for an EXP -- I guess that reflects the fact I hadn't flown a single qualifying flight this year before the promotion began.

Originally Posted by IntFF
Anybody got these miles in their AA acct?
When are we supposed to get them?
T&C says: "Bonus miles will be awarded within 3-4 weeks after the promotion period has ended." So with 50 days left of this promotion, it might be another few months before we see our miles!

Last edited by benlight; Apr 3, 2014 at 10:03 pm
Old Apr 6, 2014, 11:50 pm

Programs: UA Silver/ AA EXP/Hyatt Globalist/Marriott Lifetime Titanium/Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by TokinaMaso
For me it took a day or two after my friend signed up and completed some stuff until I got this stamp, so just wait a bit.
Thanks for posting that. I was coming back in here to confirm that mine posted after several days. They must sweep those while the rest post manually. Now I have to decide if it's worth flying aa/us (likely US) with zero status for the bonus miles. I'm thinking yes but it is a tough call. One flight and I could get 7500 miles plus the flight miles though. Seems pretty well worth it.
Old Apr 7, 2014, 12:15 am

AA was kind enough to set my EPQ at 1200, which I met with a flight home from SFO which was book before the promotion came out and flown two days before I even signed up for it. As a data point, no status with AA last year, flight was booked in O, before the promotion, and took 7 days after I started the promotion to get the stamp. Easy 3650 points for me!
Old Apr 8, 2014, 4:18 pm

Programs: Lots of faux metal
US flight stamp and bonus stamp posted. Up to 5,875 miles. That and a quarter should buy me a gumball now.
Old Apr 9, 2014, 11:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by mleyd
AA was kind enough to set my EPQ at 1200, which I met with a flight home from SFO which was book before the promotion came out and flown two days before I even signed up for it. As a data point, no status with AA last year, flight was booked in O, before the promotion, and took 7 days after I started the promotion to get the stamp. Easy 3650 points for me!
I wonder how this is being set? I am a first year EXP and mine was set at 4650. All of my tickets this year have been full-fare, so it won't be hard to reach, but just wondering how they decide.
Old Apr 14, 2014, 10:09 am
Suspended

Programs: AA AAdvantage, BAEC Silver, LX Miles & More, AF FlyingBlue, EK Skywards
Is the program still available? I am getting error messages.
Old Apr 17, 2014, 4:49 am

Programs: AA EXP
Yes, the program is still running. Just got my flights show up from a couple of days ago.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.