Wiki Posts
Search

CX Upgrade AAdvantage Award???

Search this Thread

Old Dec 30, 2002, 10:15 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EP
CX Upgrade AAdvantage Award???

I was on the AA.com site and in the newly designed CX page when I notices that the uprade award chart was no longer there.

Has anyone tried claiming an upgrade award on CX lately? I remember an award on the higher coach fares to J.

Thanks.
Old Dec 30, 2002, 2:35 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by AAExecPlatFlier:
I was on the AA.com site and in the newly designed CX page when I notices that the uprade award chart was no longer there.

Has anyone tried claiming an upgrade award on CX lately? I remember an award on the higher coach fares to J.

Thanks.
</font>

I wouldn't panic just yet. It looks like the new table-redesign is bug-ridden. Each block is headed ONE ROUND-TRIP AWARD ON AMERICAN AIRLINES AND AMERICAN EAGLE which is silly for awards between Europe and Hong Kong...

The existing award for upgrades is 25,000 miles but only valid from full Y.

Old Dec 30, 2002, 4:25 pm
Original Poster

Thanks.

I thought that H class was OK for the upgd, but maybe I am confusing the mileage earning class with the upgd eligible class.
Old Dec 30, 2002, 4:54 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by AAExecPlatFlier:
Thanks.

I thought that H class was OK for the upgd, but maybe I am confusing the mileage earning class with the upgd eligible class.
</font>
H is the lowest mileage earning class for US members of AAdvantage.

M is the lowest for Canadian members.

You need Y to upgrade using AA miles. You can upgrade lower fares using AsiaMiles, which are hard to earn. Best way to try to upgrade is to transfer SPG points (if you have them) into AsiaMiles for the upgrade.
Old Dec 30, 2002, 11:54 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Plato90s:
H is the lowest mileage earning class for US members of AAdvantage.

M is the lowest for Canadian members.

You need Y to upgrade using AA miles. You can upgrade lower fares using AsiaMiles, which are hard to earn. Best way to try to upgrade is to transfer SPG points (if you have them) into AsiaMiles for the upgrade.
</font>
Just to be precise, H is also the lowest for non-U.S. members excluding those with Canadian addresses.

S is the lowest for Canadian members, unless there's been a recent change.

Y2 fares, upgradable like Y, are also sold in H in some countries.
Old Dec 31, 2002, 4:24 am
Original Poster

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Chiangi:
Just to be precise, H is also the lowest for non-U.S. members excluding those with Canadian addresses.

S is the lowest for Canadian members, unless there's been a recent change.

Y2 fares, upgradable like Y, are also sold in H in some countries.
</font>
So it is Y or Y2 that is OK to upgd if you are in North America. Ok, that leaves that this little upgd trick out

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.