Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

Being held hostage? [Award flight canceled agent won't move me to US]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 10, 2014, 5:23 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL, AA

Last August I secured seats on PHX-LAX-NAN-LAX-PHX for end of May using my AAdvantage miles. I just received noticed that my last leg an American Eagle flight has changed from a 3:45pm departure to 9:05pm. Apparently the 3:45pm flight was cancelled because US has a 4:20pm flight. When I got the notice, I called and asked to be moved to the US flight. (Quite frankly, I could drive from LAX to my home in Arizona in the time I'm waiting for the Eagle flight). The lady at AA said NO! Different airline we can't do that. I suggest to her, yes she can, I had my reservations using AAdvantage miles changed to non-OneWorld airlines before i.e. Air France, Swiss. I would think since they changed the flight time, and I can't get out within reasonable period of time, they should be able handle this simple request? Any one else has had this experience or any suggestions on how to handle this?
Old Mar 10, 2014, 5:32 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Owner, Green Bay Packers
Hang up and call again.
Old Mar 10, 2014, 6:51 pm

Originally Posted by Icecat
Last August I secured seats on PHX-LAX-NAN-LAX-PHX for end of May using my AAdvantage miles. I just received noticed that my last leg an American Eagle flight has changed from a 3:45pm departure to 9:05pm. Apparently the 3:45pm flight was cancelled because US has a 4:20pm flight. When I got the notice, I called and asked to be moved to the US flight. (Quite frankly, I could drive from LAX to my home in Arizona in the time I'm waiting for the Eagle flight). The lady at AA said NO! Different airline we can't do that. I suggest to her, yes she can, I had my reservations using AAdvantage miles changed to non-OneWorld airlines before i.e. Air France, Swiss. I would think since they changed the flight time, and I can't get out within reasonable period of time, they should be able handle this simple request? Any one else has had this experience or any suggestions on how to handle this?
Not sure of AA mileage rules but typically with a paid fare a change that large would get you a full refund, have you considered that if HUACA doesn't work?
Old Mar 10, 2014, 7:58 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond, AA Executive Platinum, National Executive Elite, Avis First
Just ask them to put you on AA #2611 which departs at 4:15pm. That actually shows to be an American Eagle flight operated by SkyWest. You could also get out on AA #899, which departs at 4:20pm. AA #899 is a US codeshare on US metal.

Not sure why the agent didn't offer these options.
Old Mar 10, 2014, 10:50 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA, Hilton Gold
You aren't being held hostage.
Old Mar 10, 2014, 10:55 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
As American Airlines and US Airways are still operating as distinct airlines, this question is being moved over to the appropriate pre-merger airline forum.

We have changed the title to comply with the Rules / TOS. Hyperbole alone won't get readership and input.

Please note the sticky at the top of the consolidated thread which is titled Welcome to the New American Airlines Forum! PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING. With all of the changes about, it is important to know where to post, and reading that thread before posting (as the title suggests ) will help get you in the right place.

~Moderator
Old Mar 10, 2014, 11:25 pm
Suspended

US will be a oneworld affiliate member by the time you fly.

And you are not being held "hostage". Hyperbole is not going to help your cause.
Old Mar 11, 2014, 1:56 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
It would be good to solve this ASAP, but if you can't do that now, could you wait to fix the ticket the day US does join oneworld?
Old Mar 11, 2014, 3:31 am

Location: USA & UK -- AA EXP 3.5MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Avis President's Club
You got ahold of a bad and/or misinformed and/or overly busy agent who gave you the wrong info. Certainly you can fly on a different flight. Call back and talk to a different agent.
Old Mar 11, 2014, 9:44 am

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by PainCorp
You aren't being held hostage.
+1.. dramatic much?

Anyway do what others have suggested, hang up and call again until you get someone who is able to help. I changed my US flight that was cancelled to an AA flight with no problem

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.