Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE:,End of Feb insufficient miles for 4 500 mile upgrade stickers

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 1, 2014, 7:11 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
MODERATOR NOTE:

The current thread can be found here: End of Feb insufficient miles for 4 500 mile upgrade stickers (consolidated)
Print Wikipost

ARCHIVE:,End of Feb insufficient miles for 4 500 mile upgrade stickers

Search this Thread

Old Feb 24, 2007, 6:08 pm

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SPG Platinum, Hyatt Platinum, Marriott Silver
Oh well ... I only got 3 ... and this after I was initially offered 2 and talked about "some other people I know ... " ... of course I am referring to all of you. I was going to ask for my father ... but given she offered me 2 at X9,582 I can't imagine she'd give my father 3 at X6,921 ...

One thing for all of you who are gonna ask for upgrades ... there seems to be an instruction sheet for this request at the call center giving 2 even for X9K+.

Last edited by TxH2O; Feb 24, 2007 at 6:26 pm
Old Feb 24, 2007, 10:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, AS MVPG, HH Diamond, NCL Platinum Plus, MSC Diamond
Originally Posted by TxH2O
Oh well ... I only got 3 ... and this after I was initially offered 2 and talked about "some other people I know ... " ... of course I am referring to all of you. I was going to ask for my father ... but given she offered me 2 at X9,582 I can't imagine she'd give my father 3 at X6,921 ...

One thing for all of you who are gonna ask for upgrades ... there seems to be an instruction sheet for this request at the call center giving 2 even for X9K+.
For your father, ask another agent.
Not everyone reads or follows instructions.
Old Feb 26, 2007, 1:12 pm
lex

Programs: AA PLT, SPG PLT, Hhonors Diamond
just called and got 2 stickers for 5,755 miles flown... good enough..
Old Feb 26, 2007, 1:17 pm

I'm glad I don't have to call this year and deal with this issue. (Or, at least, if I were dumb enough to bother calling, I know what the answer is going to be already.)

Miles Towards Elite Upgrades: 40,147

Mike
Old Feb 26, 2007, 1:25 pm
Mandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Programs: Airline Programs
3 for 9019

just got 3 for 9019 miles.
Old Feb 26, 2007, 3:19 pm

Programs: AA LT Gold, UA, DL, AS, HH Silver, PC Gold
Too soon?

Called AA CSR late this morning and was told to wait until March 1???? The CSR didn't at first know what I was talking about & had to put me on hold.

Guess I'll try again later & see what my 9497 miles toward upgrades will yield.
Old Feb 26, 2007, 4:16 pm

Programs: AA Gold, BAEC
3 for 9526 - Twice!

Figured I wouldn't hit 10k before march! So asked for 3 and was given then asked for 3 for my brother with same mileage and was also given -wuuuunderful. That's some guuuud upgrading - younger brother loves flying up front and my guesting him in to cx and AC lounges!!!!!!
Old Feb 26, 2007, 6:00 pm

I'm just waiting for my flights from this weekend to post (had to polish off that ORD 25k bonus.

I hope the last 8.5k yields 3 upgrades.
Old Feb 26, 2007, 6:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Has anyone had any luck getting just 1 sticker? I am at 32,500 & was told that you have to have at least 5000 miles to get 2 stickers. They no longer give 1 sticker for half of that. Huh? since when? the guy said he checked with a supervisor.
Old Feb 27, 2007, 9:39 am

Miles to Elite Upgrades 69,697

Currently 69,697

So the counter resets tomorrow, I got my four upgrades each for the 60,000 miles, and tomorrow will have 9,697 left over.

Do I call today to beg for 4 (and settle for 3) or do I wait until tomorrow?

Also, would they give me miles instead? Now that they only fly the sh!tty @$$ ERJ's from BDL to ORD, I have very little opportunity to use my upgrades, I have 8 already in the account and not even a chance to use them scheduled.
Old Feb 27, 2007, 9:44 am

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=636187

Mike
Old Feb 27, 2007, 9:44 am

Programs: AA EXP/4MM, UA GS, AS MVP GOLD 75K
I'd call today and ask, you can always call back tomorrow if you need to. Make sure to call AAdvantage Customer service too, as the regular res line won't be able to do anything (other than transfer you to AAdvantage).

They may be willing to give you the 2,000 miles, but if you get the stickers now, you can always call back at some later date and have those stickers turned into miles at a rate of 1 = 500 miles.
Old Feb 27, 2007, 9:46 am

Programs: AA PLAT 3.8mm, DL gold
Mike:

I called yesterday to beg...here is what I have....

Miles Towards Elite Upgrades: 27,742 So I'm entitled to 2 upgrade segments and 8 miles shy of the third. The CR was very nice but told me she could give me the two upgrade segments with no problem but had to check on the third. She came back and said there was nothing she could do about it.

Not the end of the world. I was just happy that she was pleasant and at least manually took care of the two I had earned.

As for receiving miles rather than upgrade segments, I'm not sure. Never heard of them doing that. UAL does convert unused upgrade segments to mileage after they expire but I don't think AA does this.
Old Feb 27, 2007, 9:57 am

Programs: AA EXP/4MM, UA GS, AS MVP GOLD 75K
Originally Posted by chiproos
As for receiving miles rather than upgrade segments, I'm not sure. Never heard of them doing that. UAL does convert unused upgrade segments to mileage after they expire but I don't think AA does this.
Since AA 500 mile sticker e-upgrades never expire there is no automatic conversion. However, IME if you call and ask AAdvantage Customer Service, they will generally accomodate you by doing it for you. In the "old days", you may have been able to talk yourself into 4 500-mile stickers for 10K miles, but those days are long gone - now its a simple 1:1 ratio.
Old Feb 27, 2007, 10:00 am

Originally Posted by chiproos
Mike:As for receiving miles rather than upgrade segments, I'm not sure. Never heard of them doing that. UAL does convert unused upgrade segments to mileage after they expire but I don't think AA does this.
You can call Aadvantage customer service to convert upgrade certs to miles. The rate isn't very attractive, though. I think you get 500 miles per upgrade cert or something like that. Still, if you're not going to use them, it's better than nothing. Basically, every 10,000 Elite upgrade miles gets you 2,000 more 'real' miles.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.