Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE:,End of Feb insufficient miles for 4 500 mile upgrade stickers

Old Mar 1, 2014, 7:11 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
MODERATOR NOTE:

The current thread can be found here: End of Feb insufficient miles for 4 500 mile upgrade stickers (consolidated)
Print Wikipost

ARCHIVE:,End of Feb insufficient miles for 4 500 mile upgrade stickers

Old Dec 15, 2006, 1:36 pm

Programs: AA PLT and that's that!
Originally Posted by andrzej
Ironically I almost agree but I would take the almost out of it. The only favor granted will be if the OP gets 4, but I guarantee the OP will get at least 3.
That pretty much sums it up
Old Dec 18, 2006, 11:13 pm

Programs: AA-EXP 2MM; HH plt; PC Gld; Sheraton gld
Ironically, at the end of Jan 2007, I will have 89,999 with no intention of flying again by Feb 1. You folks think I will get my 4 stickers or will I need to call it in? Not that it really matters, I now have 56 of these after the 8 AA gave me for breaking my first 1MM. I'm not complaining, but 2 system wide UG would have been much more appreciated vs 8 more Elec UG's.

Any ideas on how else I can use elec UG other than domestic UG? I know I can gift it to anyone other than flt companions. I heard in the past one can trade for miles (how many per 4 UG's?). New ideas will be appreciated. Thnx.
Old Dec 18, 2006, 11:16 pm

Originally Posted by pvcnco
Ironically, at the end of Jan 2007, I will have 89,999 with no intention of flying again by Feb 1. You folks think I will get my 4 stickers or will I need to call it in?
The upgrade counter resets on March 1, not February 1.

Mike
Old Dec 18, 2006, 11:23 pm

Programs: AA-EXP 2MM; HH plt; PC Gld; Sheraton gld
Originally Posted by nako
The upgrade counter resets on March 1, not February 1.

Mike
Thanks Mike! Boy what a silly rookie FT mistake. Can I still call myself a rookie based on # of posts vs member since or miles earned?

Same Q applies. What if I dont fly a mile thru Mar 1? Will I need to call in for my 4 UG at 89,999 miles? Well, chances are I'll probably fly between EOM Jan and Mar1...
Old Dec 19, 2006, 12:21 am

Location: USA & UK -- AA EXP 3.5MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Avis President's Club
Originally Posted by pvcnco
Will I need to call in for my 4 UG at 89,999 miles?
Yes. They're happy to round it in your favor if you call in. The automatic system won't round it even one tiny mile.
Old Dec 19, 2006, 9:20 am
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by SquareDanceGuy
Yes. They're happy to round it in your favor if you call in. The automatic system won't round it even one tiny mile.
Forget about rounding. If you don't call, the extra 9999 miles will get 0 stickers.

Cheers.
Old Dec 19, 2006, 9:28 am

Programs: AA EXP-2MM, AC
Ironically I almost agree but I would take the almost out of it. The only favor granted will be if the OP gets 4, but I guarantee the OP will get at least 3.
Perhaps but it may require persistance.

Last year I was not in a position to call, so I sent e-mail. The agent who replied thought I was claiming that there were unposted flights that would have taken over the 10k boundary, and told me that there were no such unposted flights.

It took one more email acknowledging that I had no unposted flights and repeating my original request to get the stickers posted.
Old Dec 19, 2006, 9:44 am
Suspended

Programs: AA EXP-1.6MM, Hilton Diamond, ManU & Chicago Bears #1 Fan
Originally Posted by yul2005
Perhaps but it may require persistance.

Last year I was not in a position to call, so I sent e-mail. The agent who replied thought I was claiming that there were unposted flights that would have taken over the 10k boundary, and told me that there were no such unposted flights.

It took one more email acknowledging that I had no unposted flights and repeating my original request to get the stickers posted.
I did say a phone call. A quick call to AAdvantage CSR will get this done in 1 minute. The first time I tried this few years back, I called the Gold or Platinum line(don't remember) and they said they can't help me. Came here, did a search and found a thread about this very same subject. Few posts stated that it's AAdvantage CS that should be called, not the elite lines, and also that you have to wait until the last few days in Feb. I did it and stickers posted. I did it for couple of more years and never had a problem. I even had the last couple of stickers posted once the new free EXP upgrade program began. I only had ~5500 miles towards stickers and again they posted the last 2 after a quick call.

So a phone call is much better IMHO, but at the end e-mail worked for you.

At the same time we all have to realize that this is an unpublished perk. AA could tighten this up at any time, but AFAIK, it's still very easily done at this time.
Old Dec 19, 2006, 5:49 pm

Programs: AA EXP/2 MM
but AFAIK, it's still very easily done at this time.
Well, not literally at this time.
As you stated earlier it'll have to wait until the end of February.
Old Feb 21, 2007, 1:08 pm

Programs: Emirates Gold
no partial upgrades?

I just called the AA customer service at 1-800-421-0600 to request partial upgrades (2 or 3) for the 7000 miles I have flown last year. I was told by two agents since I called immediately that they do not issue partial upgrades. Have the rules changed? Anybody has a similar experience?
Old Feb 21, 2007, 1:11 pm

Programs: AA EXP/2 MM
See this thread, it's got helpful advice for your situation. http://flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=662902
Old Feb 21, 2007, 1:43 pm

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, OW Sapphire, QF Bronze, Marriott Silver, Starwood Gold; National Emerald
Originally Posted by uncle wiggily
Again, the agent on the phone said the rules and regulations of O or Q require ONLY non-stop.
The rules would be for the particular ticket, not the fare. I rode a Q-fare to HNL that required at least two layovers in at least one direction to get the really cheap price (only one layover in both directions nearly doubled the price).

Steve

Last edited by JDiver; Feb 27, 2007 at 5:05 pm Reason: edit quote insertion
Old Feb 21, 2007, 1:52 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, 1 MM
Originally Posted by brp
Forget about rounding. If you don't call, the extra 9999 miles will get 0 stickers.

Cheers.
I'll be missing the objective by 3 miles! (9,997)... what are my chances of getting it rounded off to 10,000 if I call in on March 1st?

Last edited by Mormik; Feb 21, 2007 at 2:13 pm Reason: fixed date
Old Feb 21, 2007, 1:54 pm

Programs: AA 0.4MM, BA G, LH SEN,TK S, HH Dia, Sixt Plat, Hertz Gold, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by Mormik
I'll be missing the objective by 3 miles! (9,997)... what are my chances of getting it rounded off to 10,000 if I call in on Feb 1st?
You mean March, 1, right?
Old Feb 21, 2007, 2:13 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, 1 MM
Originally Posted by MACH81
You mean March, 1, right?
Yes. Fixed.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.