FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-pre-consolidation-usair-445/)
-   -   View Available Seats in Mobile Browser - [Not working for me] (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-pre-consolidation-usair/1554151-view-available-seats-mobile-browser-not-working-me.html)

jeanie Feb 22, 2014 12:13 am

View Available Seats in Mobile Browser - [Not working for me]

In order to view seat availability, I usually load the full HTML site on my mobile browser, and then use the View Available Seats option under Plan Travel while logged in.

Firefox, Chrome and the Android browsers are loaded on my Galaxy S4. One by one, these browsers were no longer able to load the View Available Seats page. First the Droid browser that came with the phone showed the error message. Then it was Chrome, and within the last few weeks Firefox is no longer able to load it.

Anyone know why? I tested it while sitting by my laptop. My laptop is able to load the available seat map with no issues. But seconds apart, none of the S4 browsers are able to load it.

This is a relatively recent event. Once, it showed as a java error saying I needed to have java enabled, but I had java enabled already.

I tend to use mobile websites over apps on my Android phone. Don't like the data mining with the apps, and most mobile websites nowadays have just as much functionality as an app without mining my data.

Does the AA app have the View Available Seats option? I am looking at the AA site describing the Android app, and it isn't listed. The AA mobile site does not have the View Available Seats option that I can find.

Thanks for any guidance.

paulmcgrath Feb 22, 2014 5:47 am

Not working on Chrome or IE for me on a laptop.

catmndu Feb 22, 2014 8:27 am

View Available Seats in Mobile Browser

I looked on my android tablet and I was able to see the seat maps for my flights.

aBroadAbroad Feb 22, 2014 9:40 am

Did you try clearing your cache and cookies? Are you running an adblocker? Are you blocking popups?

jeanie Feb 22, 2014 1:56 pm

Thanks for the feedback! I cleared cookies, history and cache on my mobile browsers, still didn't work.

As a PLT in DFW that has last minute travel, the upgrade is rare. I like to check in periodically to grab a better seat in MCE when an EXP gets upgraded. The fact the availability tool is having problems is a bummer.

However, on Firefox and IE on my laptop, I can check the available seats.

I will contact AA web services about this. The web browsers on my phone are the most recent software releases, and have been running the same software version since these problems started. Curious.

aBroadAbroad Feb 22, 2014 3:14 pm

That's strange. Wonder if it could be an op system issue. I'm running iOS on an iPhone and an iPad, and able to access seating in all four of my browsers (Safari, Chrome, Atomic and Mercury) on both devices. You might want to try running mercury to see if it works for you?

As you probably know, the link to available seats always opens up a new tab, which often won't work if you're blocking pop-ups.

Good luck. Remarkable how these relatively minor annoyances can be SO aggravating.
:rolleyes:

paulmcgrath Feb 22, 2014 3:32 pm

I believe it's the seat maps that can be accessed via http://www.aa.com/seatmap/viewSeatsA...false&from=Nav that are not working as expected, not seat maps for booked flights?

aBroadAbroad Feb 22, 2014 4:37 pm

Originally Posted by paulmcgrath (Post 22398104)
I believe it's the seat maps that can be accessed via http://www.aa.com/seatmap/viewSeatsA...false&from=Nav that are not working as expected, not seat maps for booked flights?

Yes, I see that you're right. I failed to read it correctly. In any case, it doesn't actually matter, because I am not looking seat maps for booked flights.

I am able to access the "available seats" page via the direct URL you provided as well as via the link on the "choose your flight" page, i.e., Plan Travel > Flights > Find Flights > Choose Flights > {expand flight details} > View Available Seats (opens in a new tab on my devices).

OP might want to try the second way on the very off chance it works for her.

catmndu Feb 22, 2014 5:03 pm

Originally Posted by catmndu (Post 22396278)
I looked on my android tablet and I was able to see the seat maps for my flights.

I should have added this was via the AA android app that it worked for me. I did not try via a web browser and the mobile website.

jeanie Feb 22, 2014 7:28 pm

Originally Posted by paulmcgrath (Post 22398104)

That is the link I am talking about. I wrote AA web services giving details about the release number of the Android OS I was running along with versions of Chrome and Firefox. I will try loading Mercury as well from the GP store.

I will post the response from AA web services here. But you know e-mails for support are hit and miss. Half the time it seems that a form response is given that has nothing to do with the problem. That is actually the reason I posted on this board first. If it was something that had an easy fix, I figured someone here would point that out. ;)

Thanks.

jeanie Feb 23, 2014 1:55 pm

Originally Posted by aBroadAbroad (Post 22398022)
You might want to try running mercury to see if it works for you?

I downloaded Mercury at GP, and it loads on Mercury! Have not heard back from AA web services yet. Will post that when I do.

Thanks!