Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Charge for drinks in intl. coach ?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 3, 2002, 9:04 am
Original Poster

Charge for drinks in intl. coach ?

The previous thread got off topic. Can anyone confirm or deny this is true for Europe / LA / Narita service ? $4.00 ?
Old Nov 3, 2002, 9:22 am

100% true.
Old Nov 3, 2002, 10:14 am
In Memoriam

Programs: Mucci
Even though it may be true, sounds like bull-sh(i)te to me - the competition won't charge, so AA charging for drinks will send people off elsewhere.

Dave

[This message has been edited by thadocta (edited 11-03-2002).]
Old Nov 3, 2002, 10:20 am
In Memoriam

Programs: Mucci
Oops - I do it EVERY time.

[This message has been edited by thadocta (edited 11-03-2002).]
Old Nov 3, 2002, 10:48 am

Location: Dallas, TX. AA Executive Platinum, Marriott Rewards Platinum, Hilton HHonors Gold VIP, Starwood Platinum Preferred, Avis Preferred Select
AA is not the only one...CO and DL do it...
Old Nov 3, 2002, 2:32 pm

Programs: UA 1M, 1K,AA 2M,HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, IHG Platinum
Just returned from a weekend trip to London. AA 51 from LGW, they did indeed charge for drinks in coach, same prices as domestic flights.

------------------
AA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Starwood Gold, Marriott Silver
Old Nov 3, 2002, 4:01 pm

Somebody in the previous thread also pointed out how crazy it was that AA was charging for liquor but not entertainment, domestically. While I don't know if it applies to international travel or not, they will begin charging $2.00 for headsets soon as well.
Old Nov 3, 2002, 4:20 pm

The headsets you will be able to keep for future flights.

What is next. . . . pay toilets?
Old Nov 3, 2002, 4:30 pm

Location: DFW, 3.5 MM, AA EXP, LIFETIME PLATINUM, MARRIOTT LIFETIME PLATINUM, STARWOOD AMBASSADOR 223 NIGHTS, AND LIFETIME GOLD, HILTON DIAMOND, NATIONAL EXECUTIVE ELITE
I can actually see that in the future..)).

Old Nov 3, 2002, 8:25 pm

Just came off a weekend trip to LHR.

According to F/A's....ALOT less liquor was sold. Prices US 4, Euro 4, Pound
Sterling 3.

Only complaint they got was one lady paying in pounds who thought she was getting a bad "exchange rate."
Old Nov 3, 2002, 10:11 pm

Programs: AA 2 MM LIfetime Platinum, SPG Platinum, Hilton Silver, BA
Actually, for those of us who don't drink, I think this is a cost saving measure I totally agree with. Why should non-drinkers pay more for a ticket to subsidize drinkers. I guess the question is - can you drink what you buy at the duty free shop on your way to Europe? Some of the international fares are as cheap as domestic fares, so there really isn't the justification of free alcohol.

------------------
Ms.DtG
Old Nov 3, 2002, 10:20 pm

I disagree with the last post becuase you can use that logic to justify putting charges on everything. I don't eat airline food so why should my ticket include the cost for everyone else's meal? I do not check any luggage so why. . . . I can go on and on and the way things are going, we will be paying an extra fee for everything but the basic seat we sit in.
Old Nov 3, 2002, 10:21 pm
LLZ

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by dgordon:
I guess the question is - can you drink what you buy at the duty free shop on your way to Europe?
</font>
Technically, legally, no. Can only be served to you by a flight attendant.

Doesn't say you have to purchase it from one, but only that they serve you....but you can guess how cordial they'll be when you ask them to pour you a drink from your duty free bottle.
Old Nov 3, 2002, 10:59 pm
iff

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by LLZ:
Doesn't say you have to purchase it from one, but only that they serve you....but you can guess how cordial they'll be when you ask them to pour you a drink from your duty free bottle.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I suppose the next thing they'll do now is start charging an uncorking fee...

Old Nov 4, 2002, 6:58 am

Programs: AA PLT 2MM, IHG Plat
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by dgordon:
Actually, for those of us who don't drink, I think this is a cost saving measure I totally agree with. Why should non-drinkers pay more for a ticket to subsidize drinkers.

</font>
I admire your optimism, but I feel it is a little naive to think that AA charging for booze will mean cheaper fares for passengers.

------------------
"Knowledge is Power" - Reg Holdsworth

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.