Community
Wiki Posts
Search

minimum miles

Search this Thread

Old Oct 4, 2002, 9:40 am
Original Poster

minimum miles

Just curious, looking at my statement it appears that I am not getting a minimum 500 miles for tier status or upgrades. I still get the minimum 1000 for Platinum but the balance is considered bonus. Case in point; my mke to ord flights are 67 miles, when looking at my statement I receive 67 miles and 933 bonus miles. I just came back to American and don't remember it being like this. Am I missing something?
Old Oct 4, 2002, 9:53 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum 3MM - DL - UA - HHONORS - HYATT - MARRIOTT - SPG
Check Q-point totals, these are credited at 500 minimum per segment even though your mileage posts as 67 actual / 933 bonus. The base is 500 minimum.
Old Oct 4, 2002, 12:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Massachusetts, USA; AA Plat, DL GM and Flying Colonel; Bonvoy Platinum
Yes, the way they post the base and bonus miles is confusing. The only way to confirm that you got the right credit is to check before-and-after Q-mile and Q-point totals. The good news is that, in my experience, they always get it right.
Old Oct 4, 2002, 1:39 pm

They once got it wrong for me last year. Only a few hundred Q points were at stake, but I called Customer Service, made them do the math, etc. Eventually a supervisor confirmed that I was right and the computer was wrong -- didn't believe her ears or eyes at first, of course! -- and did a manual adjustment. Very weird.
Old Oct 28, 2002, 11:22 am

Programs: Alaska 100K - MM, defender of shoes on the carpeted bulkhead 4ever, AA LT PLT, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia
In the same vein, I am trying to calculate mileage earned for LHR-BRU on my AA account.

Would I receive 500 miles per segment towards status or just the 218 that the great circle mapper calculates?

lala
Old Oct 28, 2002, 11:41 am

500. Nice that all 500 count towards elite status. If they didn't I probably would take fewer absurd routings involving these hops.
Old Oct 28, 2002, 2:14 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: aa plt 4.9MM LTAC
lala, i assume you're talkjng ba lhr-bru. i'd start @ aa.com for ba minimum mi's.

edit to add: just looked it up; 500 mi min on elgible fares.

[This message has been edited by clacko (edited 10-28-2002).]
Old Oct 28, 2002, 2:48 pm

Programs: Alaska 100K - MM, defender of shoes on the carpeted bulkhead 4ever, AA LT PLT, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia
This is great news as it brings me to 100,169 miles for the year. whoo hooo. No real cushion, but the rest is all on AA metal, so it should post pretty darn fast.

Now i can put the rest on my *& $$ AS account.

lala

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.