Status of Challenge

Old Oct 9, 02, 9:22 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA Plat., HH Silver, SPG Gold
Status of Challenge

Is there anyway to call AA Customer service and find out the status of your challenge? How far you are from completing officially?

SG
Old Oct 9, 02, 9:56 am

Programs: AS, B6, HA, SPG, Hilton
Speaking from personal experience, all the CS rep will do is go over your flights and add up the q points and such. There is no official tally per se.
Old Oct 9, 02, 12:30 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

There's an automated system for calculating the completion of the challenge and posting points.

But no such system for measuring progress. That's why the agent has to do that manually for you.
Old Oct 9, 02, 12:35 pm

I just completed the challenge. 14,584 Q points in 70 days. Alot of flying cuz most of it was discounted economy.

Will they notify m e now that I have completed the challange ?
Whats the next step ?
Old Oct 9, 02, 12:36 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Plat., HH Silver, SPG Gold
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Plato90s:
There's an automated system for calculating the completion of the challenge and posting points.

But no such system for measuring progress. That's why the agent has to do that manually for you.
</font>

Where is this 'automated system'? Can it be found online?
Old Oct 9, 02, 1:18 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by swimtrip:

Where is this 'automated system'? Can it be found online?
</font>
Just the programming for AAdvantage. Your miles post automatically, right? There isn't some large center of agents going through printouts of the manifest and entering the miles manually.

So just like there's programming to automatically change your elite status via normal means, there is programming to automaticaly change elite status based on challenge.
Old Oct 9, 02, 1:20 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by SkyMike:
I just completed the challenge. 14,584 Q points in 70 days. Alot of flying cuz most of it was discounted economy.

Will they notify m e now that I have completed the challange ?
Whats the next step ?
</font>
You won't be notified via e-mail or by phone. The status on your account will change automatically, and it should happen within 1 week (probably 2 business days) of your qualifying flight segment posting.

Just go to AA.com and check your status.

Eventually, the package with your card will arrive, but the web site will be updated far more quickly.
Old Oct 9, 02, 6:35 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA EXP-1.6MM, Hilton Diamond, ManU & Chicago Bears #1 Fan
Just completed my challenge yesterday, so I will see the miles and points by Friday(judging from my past experience). I would think that by next Mon or Tue my status will change automatically on aa.com. That's how it happened with my gold, although it was not a challange, it was the real think. My cut-off date for the challange is 10/15. Should I wait or call if I don't see it by the 15th? I would like to say that flying has changed since I got the gold card, so I assume it will only get better with the plat?!
Thanks to everybody here for guiding me through the process. If it was not for this board(and fewmiles) I would be gold not plat till 2/04. Never knew about the challange till a friend turned me on to FT. Thank You!!!!!

[This message has been edited by andrzej (edited 10-09-2002).]
Old Oct 9, 02, 6:56 pm

Programs: DL GM/MM, UA Gold, AA GLD/1MM, Nat'l Exec, Marriott Gold, Vino Volo Reserve
i finished a challenge last week. the completing flight was monday, and it posted on thursday morning. by thursday evening, my gold status was reflected on the web site. it was friday morning before i could reserve preferred coach seats on the web site--it takes a day or two for your status to update everywhere.

friday night, i had my first flight as an AA gold. it was cancelled, and i ended up on WN. :-(

Search this Thread