Search

On the trail of EXP

Search this Thread

Old Oct 5, 2002, 10:28 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP & 2MM, HH DIA, Hertz GLD
On the trail of EXP

Howdy folks,

Have a question for ya'll milage gurus out there. As my work schedule has kept me running around the continental US all year, I managed to rack up 80k butt-in-the-seat miles this year on 117 segments with AA.

So, if the trend continued I figured I would end up with between 95 and 100k BITS miles. 5k miles I figured I could score with one milage run something like CMI-STL-DFW-LAX-LGA-STL-CMI. (nope - never checked it, just figured a round-the-country flight might do it, i.e. take the wife out for lunch in LA and NY on a quick weekend).

However, I just got a long term job - that at the very, very best will leave me with only 90k miles by the end of the year.

Any quick and easy suggestions for racking up a fast 10k butt-in-the-seat miles?

Frustrating to realize that after all my flights with AA, I'm not going to grab top-tier status.

Thanks in advance, keep the faith.

Pakse
Old Oct 5, 2002, 10:41 am

Programs: Mucci Gold Class
There's a bunch of info on this in the Mileage Run forum.

Try a run to NRT, or Europe. Depending where you're starting from, its 3.5 - 5.5k one way. I'm going to London next week for the weekend & will get Plat for it... schlepping 'round the continental US is doing it the hard way.
Old Oct 5, 2002, 5:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Pakse:

Try pricing ORD-MIA-LHR-MIA-ORD. Plenty of miles, not too expensive. Leave on Saturday around lunch, return Sunday evening. Easy. Good luck.
Old Oct 8, 2002, 6:51 pm

Hi Pakse-

If you decide to hit EXP, I have a quick question for you- my e-mail address is in my profile.

Thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.