TIMING OF EXP RE-QUALIFICATION

Old Oct 7, 02, 7:20 am
howellajohnson

TIMING OF EXP RE-QUALIFICATION

I have a heavy travel schedule for the first of 2003 and will easily qualify for EXP by March 1st. Are there any disadvantages to re-qualifying so early? I am currently EXP expiring March 04.

Old Oct 7, 02, 7:38 am

Location: Valley Springs, Ca USA;Proud Retired AAer SJC Ramp/ AA- 2 MM Platinum;Hilton Diamond
To the contrary. When you qualify by the end of February, for example, you will be EXP for two years. Remember you qualify for the remainder of 2003 plus all of 2004 into the beginning of 2005. The qualification year is the calendar year before the applicable membership year (which runs from March).
Old Oct 7, 02, 9:23 am
howellajohnson

Thanks! How many VIPOWs will I receive and when?

Old Oct 7, 02, 10:12 am

Requalification will get you 8 VIPOW's each late FEB/early Mar. It is only the first time you qualify that you get the additional 8 VIPOW's shortly after you qualify.

Since you have already qualified for 03, you will get 8 in early 03 and if you requalify in 03 (for 04) you will get 8 more in early 04.
Old Oct 7, 02, 10:14 am

You posted a topic with all capital letters. Bad flyertalker, no biscuit.
Old Oct 7, 02, 12:49 pm
howellajohnson

oops...sorry...

Old Oct 7, 02, 12:54 pm

So let me get this straight. I just qualified for EXP for the first time. I get 8 VIPOWs for qualifying, plus another eight in Feb/March?!?!
Old Oct 7, 02, 12:58 pm

Programs: dont matter anymore...
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by glenngpr:
So let me get this straight. I just qualified for EXP for the first time. I get 8 VIPOWs for qualifying, plus another eight in Feb/March?!?! </font>
Yep, you sure will.

Search this Thread