Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Need to Clear Customs LHR for MileageRun?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 29, 2002, 4:38 pm
Original Poster

Need to Clear Customs LHR for MileageRun?

Can anyone tell me, I am planning a mileage run to LHR from LAX, if I land around 8 am, can you just hang out in the Adm. Club (am a member), where they can issue boarding pass for the 11 am return back? Or must you clear customs first to do this? Has anyone had any hassles doing this?
Old Sep 29, 2002, 4:43 pm

Programs: LH au VS au BMI au
you have to clear cusoms. no if buts or maybes. boarding passes can only be issues landside
Old Sep 29, 2002, 4:52 pm

Just follow signs to Flight Connections for Terminal 3 where they have an AA counter (you will need to show your itinerary or ticket just before at security) and get your boarding pass and relax in AC.
Old Sep 29, 2002, 5:20 pm

Programs: AA 2 MM LIfetime Platinum, SPG Platinum, Hilton Silver, BA
And why wouldn't you spend any time in London? I am always puzzled by these mileage runs - for me an excuse to go on a vacation I otherwise would not have taken. Curious as to the reasons other people don't do the same and miss the opportunity to let's say, see a show?

------------------
Ms.DtG
Old Sep 29, 2002, 5:23 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP 3 MM
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by dgordon:
And why wouldn't you spend any time in London? I am always puzzled by these mileage runs - for me an excuse to go on a vacation I otherwise would not have taken. Curious as to the reasons other people don't do the same and miss the opportunity to let's say, see a show?

</font>
For those limited on time, a quick turnaround is necessary.

Then there are those like me who have been to London many, many, and I mean, many times. Going to London for me holds the same appeal as going to Los Angeles (no offense to Los Angeles).
Old Sep 29, 2002, 5:27 pm

Honestly, its quicker to clear Customs if you have no luggage than to brave the Flight Connection center at that hour of morning. The Customs officers have never given me a problem when I tell them that I have a flight in an hour and usually just laugh.
Old Sep 29, 2002, 7:26 pm

Programs: AAdvantage, Skymiles, Mileage Plus, BA Executive Club, WorldPerks
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by francophile:
Going to London for me holds the same appeal as going to Los Angeles (no offense to Los Angeles).</font>
Personally, I subscribe to the theory, (I believe it was Samuel Johnson who said it, though I could be mistaken) "When a man is tired of London, a man is tired of life."

I've been going two or three times a year for the last thirty years and I hope to do so for at least thirty more.
Old Sep 30, 2002, 8:07 pm

Programs: AA GLD, Marriott PLT, Hilton Diamond
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by dgordon:

</font>
Because he is going *soley* for miles. The palces he lands in really don't matter. It could have been Paris or Tokyo, or a multi-legged jaunt through the USA.

Old Sep 30, 2002, 11:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by venk:
Just follow signs to Flight Connections for Terminal 3 where they have an AA counter (you will need to show your itinerary or ticket just before at security) and get your boarding pass and relax in AC.</font>
Despite what others have said, this is correct, just go to the connections center. And be prepared for all kinds of stupid questions from the AA security people before you get up to the desk, like "how long have you owned the items you're traveling with?"

That's always a good one. How are you supposed to answer that? I travel with dozens of things, obviously I got them all at different times...

d
Old Oct 1, 2002, 6:24 am

You must be coming via somewhere else as AA136 non-stop from LAX always gets in shortly after 13.00 hours?

As AA137 leaves at about 11.00 you must be transiting another point.

What endurance you must have!

Can you not just go straight to the AC and let them check you in?
Old Oct 2, 2002, 3:10 pm

Programs: M&M,UA,LH, Amex *wood
Did that yesterday (not the milage run but coming from JFK and going into the AC before departing to CGN.
They Can not let You into the AC without the dam sec stamp on Your ticket ... but just follow flight connections terminal three there is no "Disneyland" like in T1 a short line go three times right an You are back at the AC wich you just have passed a few secs before. They will be glad to make Your bording passes (did this several times as BA in CGN cannot make AA Bording passes (dunno why)... If You are a Plat go to the BA Lounge (nice Sandwiches) otherwise prefere the AC (or if You r not hungry (My opinion!!)

Showers in the AC are OK just take fresh Underware and a toothbrush with You Towels and shampoo etc are OK .)

Have Fun

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.