New LAX Security Observations

Old Sep 27, 2002, 7:08 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP/7.0MM
New LAX Security Observations

On my way to LHR from SJC via LAX I have the following security observations
At SJC, the secondary screeners did not hit the ?rabbits? or anyone else. They were fed a constant stream of ?volunteers? by the BP reader. They simply waited for the ?lucky winners? to be sent to them. (and yes, today was my lucky day)
At LAX, the 2 week security systems seems to be a greeter at the top of the stairs who takes your BP, passes it on to another person who assigns you to a line. If you are assigned to the screened-off line to the right, it?s your day!! The check seems to be an abbreviated version of the stock secondary screen (ask me how I know)

A side note, the AC seems to have a table near check-in to handle those people who didn?t normally have a BP at security. I don?t know it they will help non-AC people. Well on to London for a few days (look out 777Brit!).
Old Sep 27, 2002, 8:04 pm

Programs: AA EXP 4MM
That's what I noticed last night. At least with the new setup they finally put in an official F/J/EXP/PLT/GLD line. They put up shoulder high partitions to block your view. If you're one of the lucky ones, they tell you to go down the partitioned aisle.

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by skydiver:
At LAX, the 2 week security systems seems to be a greeter at the top of the stairs who takes your BP, passes it on to another person who assigns you to a line. If you are assigned to the screened-off line to the right, it?s your day!! The check seems to be an abbreviated version of the stock secondary screen (ask me how I know)
</font>
Old Sep 28, 2002, 5:46 am

Programs: AA/UA/BA
Great...and the trial at LAX ends on October 7th, which, lucky for me, is the day I leave LAX T4 and head back to London...fantastic, I can't wait!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.