Quoted fare versus ticketed fare - not too happy

Old Sep 27, 02, 12:12 pm
Original Poster

Quoted fare versus ticketed fare - not too happy

Two days ago I called the EXP desk and made a reservation for a trip to Europe. The itinerary had too many segments for web booking. Turns out they had to send it off to tariffs for pricing and asked me to call back in 24 hours. I called yesterday morning and it was still not priced, so I was asked to call again in the afternoon. When I called again the very nice EXP agent told me the fare in fact had been put into the reservation and it would be valid for 24 hours.

I called this morning (well within 24 hours) to ticket the reservation and was told that the price quoted yesterday does not include 2 of the segments. What??? Why would I care what the price of a trip is without 2 of the middle segments? They even e-mailed me the entire intinerary yesterday INCLUDING the 2 segments in question. Today they tried to sell me the 2 segments for over $600, but instead I was able to get them for $205 using the Oneworld Visit Europe pass system. The total price of the trip is still very reasonable, but $200 more than I was quoted. Anyone else run into this before?
Old Sep 27, 02, 2:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I had a completely uncomplicated reservation earlier this year, JFK-CDG (AA), CDG-LHR (BA) LHR-JFK (AA).

It took several calls, at least a week and like 20 rate sheets to get it priced out properly. So much for One World making our lives easier.

Good luck.

d
Old Sep 27, 02, 2:12 pm

I had a similar experience once. Although the agent I spoke to was very understanding and apologized. Then she issued a voucher for the difference. I thought that was wonderful customer service!!

Search this Thread