Wow! Double miles on AA 1Oct - 15 Dec Systemwide

Old Sep 26, 02, 3:44 pm
Original Poster

Wow! Double miles on AA 1Oct - 15 Dec Systemwide

My colleague got a postcard from AA about Double Miles, systemwide 1 Oct - 15 Dec (except L & N fares) but I didn't. Exp. Plat desk says it is a "targeted promotion" so I won't get double ( really triple miles).

Anyone else get this promotion?

Is there anyway to get included if you weren't targeted?
Old Sep 26, 02, 4:03 pm
In Memoriam

Location: Grand Rapids, MI USA UA 1K, AA EXP 1MM, SQ PPS, BA GOLD, Hyatt D, Hertz Plat and AMEX Cent
While I understand the marketing logic, it is rather aggravating to see them rewarding lower volume customers and not high volume PAX
Old Sep 26, 02, 4:13 pm

Programs: dont matter anymore...
UGH!!

I have never received a targeted promotion from AA. I think they hate me. [email protected]
Old Sep 26, 02, 4:24 pm

I guess , they figure that the EXPs don't
need to be targeted for anything : you
would give them the business anyhow to
qualify for next year : so : why give more
than they have to ?
Crummy but smart business I guess !!
Old Sep 26, 02, 5:12 pm

Location: DFW, 3.5 MM, AA EXP, LIFETIME PLATINUM, MARRIOTT LIFETIME PLATINUM, STARWOOD AMBASSADOR 223 NIGHTS, AND LIFETIME GOLD, HILTON DIAMOND, NATIONAL EXECUTIVE ELITE
Here we go again - I did NOT get the postcard, and am not surprised.

Did it ever occur to anyone in AA mgmt.that given how rotten the economy is right now, and the desperate need to fill planes, it might have been a better idea to offer this promo. to all flyers?? Hello??

Whatever.
Old Sep 26, 02, 5:20 pm

So far , all the posts here on this thread
are from EXPs..
Would someone take the time and write a
"form" letter so we all can use and send in
to complain ? (:
I am just too tired from working on my 4th
MMs !!!! (:
Old Sep 26, 02, 5:24 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP 3 MM
Maybe AA is targeting folks who have status for 2002 but are not on track to requalify for the same status for 2003.
Old Sep 26, 02, 5:32 pm

Programs: AA EP
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by flipside:
UGH!!

I have never received a targeted promotion from AA. I think they hate me. [email protected]
</font>
Actually it is bAAstards
Old Sep 26, 02, 5:40 pm

You should fly only N fares on AA as revenge if you weren't targetted

I don't understand the need to offer this to everyone. Would anyone buy a higher fare ticket for these extra miles. And for those who need to make the trip anyway and had to pay higher fares, what would AA get in return?

It makes sense to offer this only to people whose travel frequency has dropped off for whatever reason to entice them to fly and not feel too bad when only high fares are available (some rationalization may be needed).

Want to get this targetted promotion? Stop flying. You cannot? But then... you get the picture?
Old Sep 26, 02, 6:24 pm

Location: Austin TX, AA Executive Platinum, DL Gold Medallion, Hilton Diamond
No targeted promo here either (requalified EXP in May this year).

Some day maybe I will rate...

SteveH
Old Sep 26, 02, 6:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Earned status with AA, DL, SPG, HH, Hyatt, Marriott, Seabourn, NCL, National, Hertz...I miss my bed!
Hmmm... well, I'm getting double (which means triple) miles on UA from 9/1 to 11/15. Guess who I'll be flying?!

AA has done nothing to make me want to fly one mile over 100k. UA has.
Old Sep 26, 02, 7:30 pm
Suspended

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by francophile:
Maybe AA is targeting folks who have status for 2002 but are not on track to requalify for the same status for 2003. </font>
i'm platinum and will not even make gold next year. i haven't been targeted for squat.

and, yes, i know i won't be dropped lower than gold.

Old Sep 26, 02, 8:08 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM Lifetime Platinum, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Gold
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by freeupgrade:
Here we go again - I did NOT get the postcard, and am not surprised.

Did it ever occur to anyone in AA mgmt.that given how rotten the economy is right now, and the desperate need to fill planes, it might have been a better idea to offer this promo. to all flyers?? Hello??
Whatever.
</font>
You know, many companies pull this kind of crap all too often. For example, a magazine will offer a free gift to new subscribers as a sign up bonus. But what about those current subscribers who have been loyal to them for years? Nada!

[This message has been edited by Neal (edited 09-27-2002).]
Old Sep 26, 02, 8:08 pm

Programs: AA EXP
More importantly, what's the code so the rest of us can at least try it and hope?

Steve
Old Sep 26, 02, 8:14 pm

Programs: UA Prem Plat, CX MPC Silver, CI Dynasty Gold; HHonors Gold, Marriott Gold, SPG, IHG Ambassador
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by techgirl:
AA has done nothing to make me want to fly one mile over 100k. UA has.
</font>
This comment made me very curious as to what AA hasn't done and what UA has done. I'm planning to give my business to AA rather than UA from now until the end of year. I'm UA PE and AA Plat. I'm thinking of flying AA more solely based on the difficulty of securing award upgrades with UA so far this year.

Search this Thread