Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ARCHIVE: AA Celebrity Sightings and Related - 2000-2012

Search this Thread

Old Dec 10, 2012, 1:09 pm

Programs: DL DM, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Hyatt Plat
Originally Posted by StuartS
MIA-JFK flight AA2086, 20th Jan 2011 - Sat in row 1, just ahead of the Olsen twins (well looked like them - can't be 100% as not a real fan, though they were in Miami that day apparently!) Unfortunately didn't get autograph, telephone number or even a "hi"
Looks like they do fly AA. Ashley was just on a plane that had smoke in the cockpit.

http://www.tmz.com/2012/12/10/ashley...t-dfw-airport/
Old Dec 10, 2012, 4:49 pm

Originally Posted by roknroll
Looks like they do fly AA. Ashley was just on a plane that had smoke in the cockpit.

http://www.tmz.com/2012/12/10/ashley...t-dfw-airport/
The delay was more than 2 hours.
Old Dec 11, 2012, 3:34 am

Maya Rudolph, Paul Thomas Anderson & kids on 12/10 LHR > LAX. All sat in business
Old Dec 12, 2012, 10:54 am

Programs: AA EXP, Starwood Platinum
Richie Sambora on AA4 LAX - JFK on Tuesday 12/11. Heading to NY for the 12/12/12 concert.
Old Dec 12, 2012, 6:05 pm
uxb

Programs: AC, AS, BA, DL, HH (D), MR (T/LTP), UA (*S), UScAAre (PLT/1,87MM), WN
AA Celebrity Sightings and Related (consolidated)

On AA180. Got UG moments before takeoff to 8A. Seated next to me is a guy that looked a little like Bradley Cooper, but isn't. FA came around taking down pax first names. Asked the bloke next to me who kinda pulled a DYKWIA. Turned to me and asked my name for some reason (I know why now). He then turned back to her and said he was "Peter." In flight, he pulled up a script for "Nurse Jackie" on his laptop. Quick IMDB search revealed he is "Peter Facinelli." Not gonna lie... He was kind of a douche.
Old Dec 12, 2012, 7:54 pm

Location: USA & UK -- AA EXP 3.5MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Avis President's Club
It's a great story however FAs already know passengers' names from the manifest.
Originally Posted by uxb
FA came around taking down pax first names. Asked the bloke next to me who kinda pulled a DYKWIA. Turned to me and asked my name for some reason (I know why now). He then turned back to her and said he was "Peter."
Old Dec 12, 2012, 7:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Airline nobody. Sad!
Originally Posted by SquareDanceGuy
It's a great story however FAs already know passengers' names from the manifest.
I'm guessing "Peter" is likely not a case of this, but there may be a difference between how an FA would pronounce a name purely read from a manifest, and how the customer pronounces it. As someone with a fairly difficult last name, I get this a lot.
Old Dec 12, 2012, 8:57 pm
uxb

They were only collecting first names to memorise and address us in flight. It's the same sheet used for Samsung players.
Old Dec 13, 2012, 2:38 am
hmv

If I am not mistaking, the manifest only contains last names and initials. I was able to see the passenger manifest once, because my travel partner had disappeared in Chicago and didn't make it to the airport (and did not inform anybody about it).

Other explanation is the fact that the name in your passport can differ from your "real" name like James/Jim.
Old Dec 13, 2012, 2:47 am

Programs: AS MVPG 75K
Originally Posted by hmv
If I am not mistaking, the manifest only contains last names and initials. I was able to see the passenger manifest once, because my travel partner had disappeared in Chicago and didn't make it to the airport (and did not inform anybody about it).

Other explanation is the fact that the name in your passport can differ from your "real" name like James/Jim.
I've had a couple AA FAs address me by first name without asking, so am not sure how this could be true.
Old Dec 13, 2012, 8:03 am
uxb

Originally Posted by BrewerSEA
I've had a couple AA FAs address me by first name without asking, so am not sure how this could be true.
Fly TCON from LAX then? I am almost always asked my first name when flying C/F from there. On the JFK > LAX flights, I am usually addressed as "Mr. uxb" rather than the FAs getting to know me (or anyone else ftm). Perhaps it varies by flight crew? I find that the flight crews are more than exceptional when someone famous is on board.

Anyway, toward the end of the flight, the FA was able to put 2+2 together, and was babbling about how another famous pax left something on the plane. The FA was staying at a hotel in midtown, so she called MTV Networks, and blah blah blah blah blah. She woke me out of my sleep for that, so I had to suffer through a story that was really meant for Facinelli to suffer through.
Old Dec 13, 2012, 9:12 am

Programs: AA-3MM-ExPLT
Originally Posted by BrewerSEA
The manifest usually shows LASTNAME/FIRSTNA (me) truncated to fit. So if you have a long last name or long first name, it's possible that there's not enough shown to tell who you are.
Old Dec 13, 2012, 9:24 am
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by BStrauss3
The manifest usually shows LASTNAME/FIRSTNA (me) truncated to fit. So if you have a long last name or long first name, it's possible that there's not enough shown to tell who you are.
I'm thinking that Engelbert Humperdinck had this problem a lot.

Cheers.
Old Dec 13, 2012, 10:21 am

Programs: AA EXP/2MM, Hertz 5*, HHonors Diamond
FWIW, I was on a flight recently (LAX-ORD, as I recall), where the FA came to each row and addressed each pax with "Good evening, may I have your name, please?" She then asked how the pax wanted to be addressed, took a drinks order, and moved on to the next pax.

When she got to me, I didn't respond immediately (because I was a little put off by the somewhat authoritarian "may I have your name?" thing). Instead, I smilingly asked her, "Don't you already have my name on your manifest?"

Her response was that she always did this routine because people switch seats, names can be difficult to pronounce, et cetera. She did seem to know my full name, however (I didn't see the actual manifest), as her next question to me was whether I wanted to be addressed as XXX (my full Christian name) or a diminutive.

Maybe Peter and uxb had the same flight attendant I did. As it happens, I remember her name. It was Karen.
Old Dec 13, 2012, 10:22 am

Programs: Delta Platinum, former AA EXP, Hilton Diamond, Uber Diamond, National Executive
Jaleel White (Urkel) on AA 2 on the 11th in F.

Sat across the aisle from him, and knew he must be famous because people kept saying hello to him (and FAs were fawning), but didn't know who he was - seatmate told me.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.