Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ARCHIVE: AA Celebrity Sightings and Related - 2000-2012

Search this Thread

Old Nov 12, 2007, 9:41 am

Programs: AAdvantage Gold, MileagePlus Premier Silver
In 2002, Faye Dunaway, LAXBOS. She was in coach, and was carrying a large bag of wire hangers.
Old Nov 12, 2007, 12:44 pm

Programs: AA PLT, 1.8mm
Originally Posted by dfword
In 2002, Faye Dunaway, LAXBOS. She was in coach, and was carrying a large bag of wire hangers.
No wire hangers !! I told you no wire hangers, EVER !

(you were all thinking it...)
Old Nov 13, 2007, 12:50 am

Programs: AA Plat, DL, NWA US, BA
Lance Bass in F on JFK-LAX last year. It was after he had just broken up with Reichen and he looked very happy.

John Mayer, carrying his own guitar case and waiting for his luggage at baggage claim at LAX. Took me a while to figure out who he was, very low key.
Old Nov 13, 2007, 11:25 am

Programs: AA Platinum, HHonors Gold VIP
I was sitting in the Evansville airport a week or 2 ago and this elder lady asked me if I would watch her bags for her while she went to the bathroom. I was busy reading a book and really didn't think about what she said until after she had walked away.

We had just passed through security and I knew she was harmless so I just sat there until she came back.

She sat back down next to me and started talking my ear off eventually mentioning that her son had just won his 3rd World Series with the Red Sox that week. Come to find out, she was Curt Schilling's mom and she told me more about his life (childhood, how many kids he has, what his future plans are, etc.) than I ever cared to know. She was nice though so I just sat and listened to her and eventually helped her put her bag on the gate check cart because she couldn't hardly lift it.
Old Nov 16, 2007, 9:24 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA GLD, MRT GLD, HYT PLT, Fairmont PLT, SPG PLT
Jerry Rice

Sat in front of Jerry Rice today. SJC to ORD on flight 1174. He was in F (row 4). Everyone left him alone but the flight attendants who kept coming up with things to sign for their grandkids.
Old Nov 17, 2007, 7:40 am
Suspended

Programs: AA EXP-1.6MM, Hilton Diamond, ManU & Chicago Bears #1 Fan
Originally Posted by ordflyer60614
Sat in front of Jerry Rice today. SJC to ORD on flight 1174. He was in F (row 4). Everyone left him alone but the flight attendants who kept coming up with things to sign for their grandkids.
He must be an AA fan....

Gave him my seat, aisle, bulkhead on a flight last year, in exchange for his autographed BP. He wasn't happy with row 4 aisle seat. I guess it has something to do with his looooong legs.

As a Chicago Bears fan I hated the 49er but I respected him. He was a great football player.
Old Nov 17, 2007, 11:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC Gold, Delta Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, AMEX Platinum (US)
Originally Posted by ijgordon
I couldn't figure out where the other 3-4 pax in the FL lounge were going. No 3-class to SFO until much later (8pm; I was on a 2:20pm flight), so what international long-haul flights are leaving that time of day?
oneworld Emeralds going anywhere in any class...
Old Nov 18, 2007, 10:32 pm

Programs: AA CK & Hyatt Globalist
AA4 LAX-JFK Nov17

Sat next to Tiffany Pollard (I Love New York) in F she was in the first row aisle on the left side. She drank and drank and watched a movie and was very quiet and kept to herself Couple people asked for her autograph while boarding but no AA agent or CS was with her!
Old Nov 18, 2007, 11:28 pm

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, DL Gold, SPG Plat, HH Diamond
Ted Kennedy

Today (11/18) LGA-BOS. The 3:05 PM was delayed till 4:05, some of us got on the standby list for the 4:00, thought I was going to clear, then Kennedy came over as well, his name never went on the stand by list, but he and his companion cleared.
Old Nov 19, 2007, 6:44 am

Lasy year on the 1000AM flight from BUR to DFW, Cedric the Entertainer sat behind me in F. At first I did not recognize him as he was wearing sunglasses and a baseball cap. He was pretty quiet during the flight and no one nothered him. My only celebrity sighting on AA so far...
Old Nov 19, 2007, 10:56 am

Programs: AA EXP (1M+), HH Diamond, Hyatt Diamond
Yesterday DFW-SLC, Dick Bass (owner of Snowbird) in F. Very nice man; we talked the entire flight and I was able to learn a lot about his life. Too bad there isn't any snow here...
Old Nov 19, 2007, 11:34 am

Programs: double EX-PLT
Back in the early 80s a guy my uncle worked with got an upgrade to F on his way to a big meeting in DC. He had tons of engineering paperwork and drawings (he worked for the Marine Corps depot in San Diego) all over his lap.

The guy next to him commented on all the work he had to do and they chatted for a few minutes before my uncle's friend asked the guy what he did.
The guy said "I wish you didn't have to ask that, I'm an actor." It was Clint Eastwood.

Does seeing Larry Craig heading for the airport men's room count as a sighting?
Old Nov 20, 2007, 2:53 am

Location: Scarsdale, NY USA; LT PLT AA; AA 3 mm (4 mm will never happen); Hilton Diamond, Marriott Silver, AA is clueless why I fly
Originally Posted by jaytcsd

Does seeing Larry Craig heading for the airport men's room count as a sighting?
Only if you follow him in
Old Nov 24, 2007, 4:44 am

Programs: AA EXP / 1.7 MM, Marriott Platinum, HH Gold
Aa 293 Del-ord 11/22

Had the "pleasure" of witnessing Jesse Jackson boarding with me on this flight. He magnanimously threw 500 Indian rupees (roughly $13) at the two peons who brought down his carry-ons and loudly declared "You two split this ok? Split it between the two of you."

Very uninspiring.
Old Nov 24, 2007, 2:57 pm

Programs: AAdv GLD(MM), QF LTS, UA MP_nada, HH Gld, SPG, GoldenCircle Jade
Originally Posted by bobob
Had the "pleasure" of witnessing Jesse Jackson boarding with me on this flight. He magnanimously threw 500 Indian rupees (roughly $13) at the two peons who brought down his carry-ons and loudly declared "You two split this ok? Split it between the two of you."

Very uninspiring.
$13 shared sounds like a lot of money in India.....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.