Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

Test: Which Rewards Carry the $100 change fee -- Even AA doesn't know!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 19, 2002, 5:34 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EP

I just called AA (EXP desk) 5 times and got 3 different answers to the question:

"which AAdvantage awards are subject to the $100 change fee"

1 - All awards are subject to the change fee
2* - All planAAhead awards
1 - Just PlanAAhead coach awards

*one agent thought that they were going to also add a use it or loose clause for PlanAAhead awards. BUT THIS IS NOT CONFIRMED BY ANY MEANS.
Old Sep 19, 2002, 5:52 pm

I just booked the AA/CX 45k award in coach from North America to SIN and was categorically told that the award PERMITTED change of dates without a fee.
Old Sep 19, 2002, 6:12 pm

[QUOTE]
[B]"which AAdvantage awards are subject to the $100 change fee"

All AAdvantage agents were given this info:

$100.00 change fee applies to any change made to a ticketed PlanAAhead Coach AAdvantage award, including changes to time and date. This applies to tickets issued on or after August 26, 2002. Awards will continue to allow standby on the same day only and only on AA. The change fee does not apply to AAnytime awards or Business or First class PlanAAhead awards.
Old Sep 19, 2002, 6:14 pm
Original Poster

[This message has been edited by AAExecPlatFlier (edited 09-19-2002).]
Old Sep 19, 2002, 6:16 pm
Original Poster

[quote]<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by AnotherAAgent:
[b]
"which AAdvantage awards are subject to the $100 change fee"

All AAdvantage agents were given this info:

$100.00 change fee applies to any change made to a ticketed PlanAAhead Coach AAdvantage award, including changes to time and date. This applies to tickets issued on or after August 26, 2002. Awards will continue to allow standby on the same day only and only on AA. The change fee does not apply to AAnytime awards or Business or First class PlanAAhead awards.
</font>
Thanks AnotherAgent -- it is appreciated...
Maybe you can suggest to the web and/or marketing folks that they put this up on the website. It just say that a $100 fee may apply. And there seems to be some confusion among some agents...

Old Sep 19, 2002, 6:19 pm

Another Agent - does that mean that you can standby same day on AA for free, only pay if confirm the change on an award - or does the standby language mean you can standby, but for $100?
Old Sep 19, 2002, 6:42 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by married 2 miles:
Another Agent - does that mean that you can standby same day on AA for free, only pay if confirm the change on an award - or does the standby language mean you can standby, but for $100?</font>

Standby is still free for AAdvantage awards, at least as of today The $100.00 standby fee applies to revenue tickets only for tickets issued on/after August 30.2002, for travel origination on or after January 1, 2003.

Old Sep 19, 2002, 6:44 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by AAExecPlatFlier:
Thanks AnotherAgent -- it is appreciated...
Maybe you can suggest to the web and/or marketing folks that they put this up on the website. It just say that a $100 fee may apply. And there seems to be some confusion among some agents...

</font>
I'm sorry you've been given conflicting information. I'll suggest this on Monday.

Old Sep 19, 2002, 10:30 pm

Programs: AA 2 MM LIfetime Platinum, SPG Platinum, Hilton Silver, BA
When I ticketed my award ticket to Mexico on Aug 26th I was told that that was the last day for tickets where there would be no $100 change fee. That contradicts what was said above.

------------------
Ms.DtG

[This message has been edited by dgordon (edited 09-19-2002).]
Old Sep 20, 2002, 3:30 am

There is still a some confusion among AAdvantage AAgents. That's why I hope that the new rules (all of them) will be soon posted on the web site, so, if we find ourselves in a pickle (one agents sez this, the other sez that, and at the airport it's a another story again), we have something in writing from AA to go back to...
Old Sep 20, 2002, 5:28 am
Original Poster

[This message has been edited by AAExecPlatFlier (edited 09-20-2002).]

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.