Community
Wiki Posts
Search

EXP Upgrade Challenge/Options

Search this Thread

Old Jan 13, 2014, 9:01 am
Original Poster

EXP Upgrade Challenge/Options

It appears securing an EXP UG ORD-LAX AA1657 12.15 on 1-18 this Saturday will be a challenge (F2).

At booking, the two earlier 07.25 and 09.15 departures were options but the 12.15 connection timing was better.

Because I'm flying ORD-LAX-LHR-JNB in coach, I'm thinking I should have checked and booked the ORD-LAX segment based on the UG possibility's/comfort rather than connection times. Besides, getting up earlier might help sleeping on the flights.

Is there a way to fix this with standby options?

During 100 hours and going into Saturday morning, assuming the earlier flights appeared to have a better chance of UG, I'd first have to secure the stand-by seat on an earlier flight and then go on the UG list.

Can I stand-by for the two earlier flights at the same time?

If coach is "empty", would the stand-by be approved instantly?

If so, I'd still run the risk of not getting the UG, but the only downside is waking up earlier (might snow in ORD so that would work if the snow was predicted for later in the day) and spending more hours in the lounges. Because with the F seating chart full at 12.15 I'd 100% not get UG anyway.

Also.. If EXP have the UG 100 window and no other EXP were on the waiting list at the gate, would an EXP be UG immediately? We're within the window?

What do you think?

Thanks.

Last edited by zznoname; Jan 13, 2014 at 10:03 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.