Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Can you upgrade a BA flight using AA miles?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 10, 2014, 5:39 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, BA Gold
Can you upgrade a BA flight using AA miles?

Hello,

I'm sure this has been covered somewhere already, so please accept apologies in advance for repetition.

I'm flying BOS-LHR next week in Economy and would like to upgrade to Economy Plus using American Airlines AAdvantage miles, is this possible?

Thank in advance.
Old Jan 10, 2014, 6:07 am

Programs: Lifetime Levels in AA & Marriott
For a while I just stared, then decided to "just do it" so this post would go away.

From AA.COM (http://www.aa.com/i18n/AAdvantage/re...pgradeAwards):

"Upgrade Awards
Additionally, we offer members the opportunity to purchase an individual published-fare Economy Class or Business Class ticket and use AAdvantage miles and a non-refundable co-pay, if applicable, to confirm an upgrade to Business Class or First Class on American Airlines, British Airways or Iberia."
Old Jan 10, 2014, 7:59 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
As this pertains to the pre-merger American Airlines, it is being moved to that forum.

As noted in the Welcome to the New American Airlines Forum! PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING, questions and information pertaining to the existing AA or US operations should go in those forums as it will be quite some time before the two entities operate as a single airline.

Your understanding is appreciated.

/Moderator
Old Jan 10, 2014, 10:53 am

Programs: AA LT Gold
It has been covered a gazillion times.
So many times, that I am sure the mods would have a hard time in trying to merge this thread into one of the multiple existing ones.

An advanced search for "upgrade" "BA" in Titles gives more than 100 results:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/searc...rchid=19288192

Look at some of the threads on the link above and you will find your answer there.

P.S. Didn't someone suggested at one point to create a sticky for "upgrade" "BA"? (sigh)

Last edited by carlosdca; Jan 10, 2014 at 10:58 am
Old Jan 10, 2014, 11:44 am

Programs: AAdvantage EXP, IHG Spire, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, National Executive Elite
But is this why AA was in bankruptcy, and do you know if my upgrade will actually clear?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.