Award Change Fee Question

Old Jan 8, 14, 2:47 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: HH Diamond, SPG Gold, PC Platinum Ambassador, Marriott Silver
Award Change Fee Question

If I change the origin and the destination on an award ticket, do I incur only one $150.00 change fee?
Old Jan 8, 14, 3:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry: BlackBerry8530/5.0.0.601 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/417)

Originally Posted by cactuspete
If I change the origin and the destination on an award ticket, do I incur only one $150.00 change fee?
It's not really a "change" fee; it's a re-deposit/re-claim fee. So if you make even one change that requires the $150 fee, you can change everything.

But note that you can now drop the beginning and/or ending segments on an award without charge, as long as doing so does not change your country of origin. So if your original award was BOS-ORD-HKG-BKK, you can change that to BOS-ORD-HKG, or to ORD-HKG-BKK, or even to ORD-HKG, free of charge.
Old Jan 8, 14, 6:11 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by guv1976 View Post
It's not really a "change" fee; it's a re-deposit/re-claim fee. So if you make even one change that requires the $150 fee, you can change everything.
So I can do this on a "free stopover" portion of an award ticket? E.g. on an award A-B, stopover in B, B-C, could change the B-C leg to D-E?

But note that you can now drop the beginning and/or ending segments on an award without charge, as long as doing so does not change your country of origin. So if your original award was BOS-ORD-HKG-BKK, you can change that to BOS-ORD-HKG, or to ORD-HKG-BKK, or even to ORD-HKG, free of charge.
Interesting, was unaware of that option.
Old Jan 8, 14, 6:13 pm

Programs: AA EXP
[QUOTE=guv1976;22113442]Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry: BlackBerry8530/5.0.0.601 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/417)

But note that you can now drop the beginning and/or ending segments on an award without charge, as long as doing so does not change your country of origin. So if your original award was BOS-ORD-HKG-BKK, you can change that to BOS-ORD-HKG, or to ORD-HKG-BKK, or even to ORD-HKG, free of charge.[/QUOTE

Does this new rule apply to One World Explorer AAwards?
Old Jan 8, 14, 7:12 pm
Suspended

No changes to Explorer awards can be made after ticketing except for date and time changes.
Old Jan 8, 14, 8:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: MSY; 2-time FT Fantasy Football Champ, now in recovery.
Programs: AA lifetime GLD; UA Silver; Marriott LTTE; IHG Plat,
Originally Posted by cactuspete View Post
So I can do this on a "free stopover" portion of an award ticket? E.g. on an award A-B, stopover in B, B-C, could change the B-C leg to D-E?

No. That would result in A-B & D-E; you can't have an open jaw at the stopover.
Old Jan 8, 14, 9:25 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by swag View Post
No. That would result in A-B & D-E; you can't have an open jaw at the stopover.
Actually, I have successfully changed the origin on a stopover leg and effectively had an open-jaw (maybe I just got lucky).

Search this Thread
Search Engine: