Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: 2014 AA Domestic Meals - menus / menu, photos, etc. (consolidated)

Old Sep 4, 2014, 1:47 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: MrAndy1369
As AA and US have now harmonized domestic (including Mexico/Caribbean/Canada/Hawaii/Alaska) meals, please continue the discussion here:

Meals changes US & AA announced - international and domestic
(for a broader discussion of the changes)
Late 2014 AA/US Combined Domestic Meals - menu / pictures / etc. (Consolidated) (for specific experiences and questions)
Print Wikipost

Old Jan 3, 2014, 12:50 pm
Senior Moderator and Moderator: American AAdvantage & TravelBuzz
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium

MODERATOR'S NOTE

Please post your menus, photos, questions, and answers regarding meals on 2014 AA Domestic Flights here. Remember that you can also use the Search this Thread feature to search within this thread for previous posts on your route or flight.

For 2014 International Flights, see: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...solidated.html

For more on the new opportunity to pre-order / select your main course / entre for your flights 1 - 30 days in advance, see
Meal Entre (Entree - main course) choice Reservations now Available (Oct 2012)

For threads from previous years, see:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...solidated.html

Last edited by JY1024; Jan 3, 2014 at 12:58 pm
Old Jan 3, 2014, 2:59 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA 2MM, Bonvoy LT Plt, Mets fan
There is another thread about the increased # of offerings on transcon premium cabins, in which I posted on Jan 2.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/22067705-post16.html
MCO-LAX, AA 205 (9:30am departure). Printed menu:

Tomato, Leek and Turkey Bacon Strata with seasoned potatos and chicken apple sausage (an omelet thing)

Smoked Lox and bagel, accompanied by bibb leaf lettuce, fresh sliced tomatos, cucumbers, caper berry and whipped cream cheese

Steel Cut Oatmeal, with fresh berries and brown sugar

- plus biscuits and bagels (no croissants)

Plus cookies and snacks/whole fruit. (Those were also on the LAX-MCO in late December)

No otherwise noticeable change to old services.
Old Jan 3, 2014, 10:14 pm

Programs: Alaska Airlines Gold MVP
MIA-LAX / 2-class F

Starter
Thai-seasoned Breast of Chicken
With grilled pineapple and watermelon, served with Asian mint dressing

Salad
Seasonal greens with fresh vegetables offered with chili cucumber salad.

Entrees
Grilled Fillet of Beef
Served with sauteed spinach and kale, accompanied by poatoes au gratin

OR

Pumpkin Seed Crusted Breast of Chicken
With brown butter sauce, served with sugar snap peas and mashed sweet potatoes

OR

Cheese Tortellini and Manicotti Duo
Tortellini with pesto Alfredo sauce, accompanied by Florentine manciotti

Deserts were the typical sundae or cheese plate, but the size of the ice cream scoop was noticeably larger. Pre-landing snack basket, whole fruit and warm cookies offered.

Best domestic meal I've ever had on AA. The enhanced trans-con menu is of noticeably better quality than prior. Even the salad was of noticeably improved quality. The Thai chicken appetizer was delicious. Seriously amazing - I have a love of watermelon so I'm biased, but to say it's one of the best flavors I've ever tasted on a plane is not an exaggeration. The steak was much better than previous domestic steaks I have had. The sides are noticeably more generous in size.

The FA's also did everything the way I expect it to be in F - PDBs served, appetizer/salad served separate from main course; main course brought individually to each passenger and not via cart; everybody greeted and thanked by name. Meal was served at a very nice pace - never rushed.

Kudos to AA for the enhanced trans-con product.
Old Jan 7, 2014, 2:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Wouldn't you like to know?!
Anyone has any pictures of the new offerings?
Old Jan 7, 2014, 2:43 pm

Programs: W/P1.9MM & Charter+ DL Diamond 2.15MM, AA EXP 1.95MM, AS MVP .6MM, O/P .9MM, A/C & S/C
Domestic First Class Meals

Has anyone tried any of the following entrees, if so any pics

Bocconcini Pasta, Grilled Herb Chicken ( same as last year's choice?)

Also what's the latest on DFW-LAX service Midcon Plus or not

Thanks
Old Jan 7, 2014, 3:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by poppabear
Also what's the latest on DFW-LAX service Midcon Plus or not
DFW-LAX hasn't seen the shrimp cocktail or ice cream/brownie a la mode for months.
Old Jan 7, 2014, 3:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
MIA-AUA Snack. Choices were turkey sliders with coleslaw or lemon-chicken, quinoa, and rocket salad.

Based on others' advice on FT, I went for the salad which was ok. It had a bed of rocket, half a grilled lemon-chicken breast, and various bits on the different sides of the salad: a couple of table-spoonfulls of quinoa (rather bland), cut bits of boiled asparagus, red and yellow semi-dried tomatoes, and some crumbled feta cheese. It was ok - not great, not bad, ok. People across the aisle had the turkey sliders which looked like some big joke. 10 years ago most airlines wouldn't have dared to serve something that tiny in Y.

The main was preceded by warm nuts and followed by an overcooked cookie (no choice for some reason). BTW, of my last 3 AA flights in F, all of roughly the same length (about 2h30-3h), one had no pre-departure drink (the shortest and evening one) one had a pre-departure drink of your choice (the middle length and early morning one), and one had a pre-filled tray pre-departure drink choice of water or orange juice (the longest and mid-morning one). Weird...
Old Jan 8, 2014, 9:48 pm

Programs: AAdvantage, MileagePlus, SkyMiles
Do 3-class F on JFK-LAX/SFO still serve the antipasti alongside the warmed nuts, with the new 3 entree choices?
Old Jan 9, 2014, 11:45 am

Programs: Alaska Airlines Gold MVP
Originally Posted by MrAndy1369
Do 3-class F on JFK-LAX/SFO still serve the antipasti alongside the warmed nuts, with the new 3 entree choices?
Yes, along with 3-class F MIA-LAX.
Old Jan 9, 2014, 11:51 am

Programs: AAdvantage EXP, IHG Spire, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, National Executive Elite
I do have to say that the new Lentil Chili for Dinner is very good. My only complaint about it is that its just not very big. I'm looking forward to the summer as the salmon filets seem to be a summer thing only.

I am very impressed with the meal quality with AA. Getting a full, hot dinner on a 2:00 flight is pretty damn nice.
Old Jan 9, 2014, 2:06 pm

Programs: AAdvantage, MileagePlus, SkyMiles
Thanks, I answered my own question by looking at the A321 trip reports! Haha.

Another question though, about transcons - what happened to the fruit&cheese plate option for desserts? I thought they used to have 3 choices for desserts - sundae, fruit&cheese plate, and fruit garner salad... now, it's only sundae and fruit garner salad, no mention of fruit&cheese plate?

Originally Posted by MAH4546
Yes, along with 3-class F MIA-LAX.
Old Jan 9, 2014, 4:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
AA 1265
CMH - LAX

No PDB. I saw something that I've never seen before - though as pointed out by BlissWorld below I guess isn't eye-opening. The FA handed out nuts and drinks from the cart, the nuts were on top of it along with wine glasses and she poured the liquor and soda into the cups on top of the cart next to the seats (if liquor was requested).

Meal selection:

Chicken Marsala or Butternut Gnocchi

Went with the gnocchi which was fine and will try to post pictures when I can.

Still can't get over the laziness of the FA though.

Last edited by Duke787; Jan 9, 2014 at 5:06 pm Reason: Updated per BlissWorld's comment below
Old Jan 9, 2014, 4:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by flyerdude88
I kid you not she walked down the FC aisle to give out nuts and drinks once we got in the air WITH THE CART. The nuts were on top of it along with wine glasses and she poured the liquor and soda into the cups on top of the cart next to the seats (if liquor was requested). WHAT?? I wasn't aware that F had turned into economy-style drink service.
New 30K EQM EXP?

AA FAs serve drinks and meals from the trolley from time to time. That's just what they do. Delta does that too sometimes. UA is the only legacy airline who doesn't serve drinks/food from the trolley, at least in domestic/3 cabin first.
Old Jan 9, 2014, 5:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by BlissWorld
New 30K EQM EXP?

AA FAs serve drinks and meals from the trolley from time to time. That's just what they do. Delta does that too sometimes. UA is the only legacy airline who doesn't serve drinks/food from the trolley, at least in domestic/3 cabin first.
25k EQP challenge from 1k. But good to know. This is probably my 40th flight on AA since mid-September (though a number of those didn't have FC) and on the flights with FC I have never seen them do that on AA.

Guess you learn something new, for all the negative things I have to say about UA, you're right that's one thing I've never seen on UA (though I've never seen it on DL either though my FC flying on them is more limited).
Old Jan 9, 2014, 5:43 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum, Hilton HHonors Diamond
1/2/14

DFW-PHL

No PDB which surprised my husband. With US and UA, we've been at 100% with that.

Nuts and drinks shortly after takeoff and a friendly crew. The MD80 was loud as hell; I haven't flown one in ages.

Chicken pot pie crepe with mashed sweet potatoes

Or

Cold beef salad

We both had the crepes and they were decent. Cookie for dessert later on. Overall a good flight and it'll only be better as they retire the Super 80s. We were tired from our NRT-dfw flight so I mostly zoned out while watching the ipad. It was a good day to be routed through DFW and not ORD! We also landed right before the snow landed in Philly, we were lucky!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.